Posted by: pro_junior
] - (166.129.162.---)
Date: March 03, 2008 04:59AM
* A man is not allowed to run around with a shaved chest.
* Barbers are forbidden by law from shaving a man's chest in Omaha, Nebraska.
* If a child burps during church, his parent may be arrested.
* It is illegal for a mother to give her daughter a perm without a state license.
* It is illegal for bar owners to sell beer unless they are simultaneously brewing a kettle of soup.
* It is illegal to go whale fishing.
* It is illegal to sleep naked in a hotel/ motel room.
* Lehigh: Doughnut holes may not be sold
* Omaha: Sneezing or burping is illegal during a church service.
* The owner of every hotel in Hastings is required to provide each guest with a clean and pressed nightshirt. No couple, even if they are married, may sleep together in the nude. Nor may they have sex unless they are wearing one of these clean, white cotton nightshirts.
* Waterloo: Barbers are forbidden from eating onions between 7 A.M. and 7 P.M.
* A man is forbidden from buying drinks for more than three people other than himself at any one period during the day.
* Clark County: An ordinance makes bringing a concealable fire arm into the county illegal unless it is registered with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department. In order to register a handgun, however, it must be brought in to the police station. Furthermore, you may not register a gun on the weekends, but the police may prosecute you at that time.
* Elko: Everyone walking the streets is required to wear a mask.
* Eureka: Men who wear moustaches are forbidden from kissing women.
* In Las Vegas, Nevada: It's against the law to pawn your dentures.
* In Las Vegas you can bet on any team--except The University of Nevada at Las Vegas.
* In Nevada sex without a condom is considered illegal.
* In Nevada until the 1960s it was illegal to sell liquor at religious camp meetings, within a half-mile of the state prison, in the State Capitol Building or to imbeciles.
* In Reno, Nevada staging a marathon dance is illegal, although posting a notice on a fire hydrant about illegal dance marathons is not.
* In the old days in Nevada a man caught beating his wife was tied to a stake for eight hours a day with a sign that read, "Wife Beater" fastened to his chest.
* It's illegal in Nevada to have a "house of ill fame" within 400 yards of a church or school.
* It is illegal in Reno, Nevada to conceal a spray-painted shopping cart in your basement.
* It's still "legal" to hang someone for shooting your dog on your property.
* Saloonkeepers had to post the names of habitual drunkards if so requested by the local sheriff or members of the imbibers' immediate families.
* Any cattle that crosses state roads must be fitted with a device to gather its feces.
* In New Hampshire it is illegal to inhale bus fumes with the intent of inducing euphoria.
* In New Hampshire you are prohibited from pawning the clothes off your back to pay off gambling debts.
* It is considered an offense to check into a hotel under an assumed name.
* It is illegal to pick seaweed up off of the beach.
* New Hampshire law forbids you to tap your feet, nod your head, or in any way keep time to the music in a tavern, restaurant, or cafe.
* On Sundays citizens may not relieve themselves while looking up.
* White Mountain Nat. Forest: If a person is caught raking the beaches, picking up litter, hauling away trash, building a bench for the park, or many other kind things without a permit, he/she may be fined $150 for ''maintaining the national forest without a permit''.
* You cannot sell the clothes you are wearing to pay off a gambling debt.
* You may not run machinery on Sundays.
* Automobiles are not to pass horse drawn carriages on the street.
* Bernards Township: It is illegal to frown as the town is a "Frown-Free Town Zone".
* Caldwell: You may not dance or wear shorts on the main avenue.
* Cranford: Citizens are not permitted to park their own boat on their lawn.
* Cresskill: All cats must wear three bells to warn birds of their whereabouts.
* Elizabeth: It is forbidden for a woman, on a Sunday, to walk down Broad Street without wearing a petticoat.
* If you have been convicted of driving while intoxicated, you may never again apply for personalized license plates.
* In Berkley Heights you may not walk your cattle on the street on Sunday.
* In New Jersey it is illegal to delay or detain a homing pigeon.
* In New Jersey, it is illegal to slurp soup.
* It's illegal in New Jersey for parents to give their children under the age of 18 even a sip of alcohol.
* It is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season.
* It is against the law to "frown" at a police officer.
* It is illegal to offer whiskey or cigarettes to animals at the local zoo.
* It's also illegal in this state to throw a bad pickle on the street.
* Lovers in Liberty Corner should avoid satisfying their lustful urges in a parked car. If the horn accidentally sounds while they are frolicking behind the wheel, the couple can face a jail term.
* Manville: It is illegal to offer whiskey or cigarettes to animals a the local zoo.
* Newark: It is illegal to sell ice cream after 6pm, unless the customer has a note from his doctor.
* Pinball machines are not to be played on Sunday.
* Raw hamburger may not be sold.
* On a highway you can not park under a bridge.
* Raritan: Profanity is prohibited.
* Sea Isle City: There will be no boiling of bones on the property.
* There is no horse racing allowed on the New Jersey Turnpike.
* You cannot pump your own gas. All gas stations are full service and full service only.
* A city council member in Albuquerque, N.M., introduced a resolution a few years ago to ban Santa Claus from the city. The matter was defeated.
* Carrizozo: It's forbidden for a female to appear unshaven in public.
* In Albuquerque, New Mexico it is illegal for cab drivers to reach out and pull potential customers into their cabs.
* In Carlsbad it's legal for couples to have sex in a parked vehicle during their lunch break from work, as long as the car or van has drawn curtains to stop strangers from peeking in.
* In recent years, several efforts have been made to legalize camel racing and ostrich racing in New Mexico, but to no avail. Those bills were defeated, but the legislature recently allowed gambling on bicycle races.
* Las Cruces: You may not carry a lunchbox down Main Street.
* State officials ordered 400 words of "sexually explicit material" to be cut from Romeo and Juliet.
* A fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.
* A license must be purchased before hanging clothes on a clothesline.
* Before the enactment of the 1978 law that made it mandatory for dog owners in New York City to clean up after their pets, approximately 40 million pounds of dog excrement were deposited on the streets every year.
* Carmel: A man can't go outside while wearing a jacket and pants that do not match.
* Citizens may not greet each other by "putting one's thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers".
* Donkeys are not allowed to sleep in bathtubs in Brooklyn, N.Y.
* During a concert, it is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on the sidewalks.
* In New York, you can teach your pet parrot to speak, but not to squawk.
* In New York City you need a permit to transport carbonated beverages.
* In New York City it is illegal for a man to give 'The Standard Lear' to a woman. Violators are forced to wear horse blinders.
* In New York City, it's illegal to throw swill into the street.
* In New York City it's illegal to shake a dust mop out a window.
* In New York State it is still illegal to shoot a rabbit from a moving trolley car.
* In Ocean City, New York It is illegal to eat in the street in residential neighborhoods, and the only beverage you can drink on the beach is water in a clear plastic bottle.
* In Ocean City New York, It is illegal for men to go topless in the center of town.
* In Staten Island, New York, It is illegal for a father to call his son a "faggot" or "queer" in an effort to curb "girlie behavior."
* In Staten Island, New York, You may only water your lawn if the hose is held in your hand.
* In Tonawanda, New York homeless people may not start a fire in the park unless they intend to cook food.
* It is against the law to throw a ball at someone's head for fun.
* It is illegal for a woman to be on the street wearing "body hugging clothing."
* It is illegal to jump off the Empire State building.
* It's illegal in New York to start any kind of public performance, show, play, game or what have you, until after 1:05 p.m.
* Jaywalking is legal, as long as it's not diagonal. That is, you can cross the street out of the crosswalk, but you can't cross a street diagonally.
* Members of nine New York Indian tribes are exempt from the city's eight percent parking tax.
* New York and a handful of other states require that toilets be evenly divided among men and women in public theaters or arenas.
* Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business.
* New York City may be the theater capital of the country, but it's illegal to have a puppet show in your window and a violation can land you in the snoozer for 30 days.
* New Yorkers cannot dissolve a marriage for irreconcilable differences, unless they both agree to it.
* Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00 P.M.
* Staten Island: You may only water your lawn if the hose is held in your hand.
* The New York City Transit Authority has ruled that women can ride the city subways topless. New York law dictates that if a man can be somewhere without a shirt, a woman gets the same right. The decision came after arrests of women testing the ordinance on the subways. A transit police spokesman said they would comply with the new rule, but "if they were violating any other rules, like sitting on a subway bench topless smoking a cigarette, then we would take action." Smoking is not allowed in the subways.
* The New York State Senate passed a resolution to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Brooklyn Dodgers' 1955 world championship and expressed a longing that someday the Dodgers will return to "their one and only true home."
* To cut down on its once-horrific graffiti problem, New York City several years ago made it illegal to carry an open can of spray paint.
* A recent proposal that ministers walk the beat with police officers in Belmont, N.C., notes "the ministers will carry a Bible instead of a gun."
* An ordinance proposed in Robbins, N.C., states, "In the future, anyone not living within the immediate vicinity of Robbins must have a permit from the Chief of Police and okayed by the Mayor or one of the Commissioners." It's not clear what the permit is for, but they may be on to something.
* In Robbins, N.C., anyone who refuses to black out after hearing the blackout signal is subject to a $5 fine.
* A marriage can be declared void if either of the two persons is physically impotent.
* All couples staying overnight in a hotel must have a room with double beds that are at least two feet apart. Making love in the space between the beds is strictly forbidden.
* Barber: Fights between cats and dogs are prohibited.
* By town law the sewer service charge in Belhaven, N.C., used to be "$2 per month, per stool." It was recently changed to read "per toilet."
* Because people were using them for cheap furniture, it's now illegal in North Carolina to take and sell labeled milk crates.
* Chapel Hill: It is a misdemeanor to urinate or defecate publicly.
* Charlotte: Women must have their bodies covered by at least 16 yards of cloth at all times.
* Elephants may not be used to plow cotton fields.
* Fights between cats and dogs are prohibited.
* Forest City: You must stop and call City Hall before entering town in an automobile. This is so the townspeople will have time to go out and hold their horses until you get through town.
* Greensboro: Restaurants "with on sidewalk dining" must post their menu so that it is clearly readable from the sidewalk, but is not readable from the street.
* Hornytown: Massage parlors have been banned.
* In Asheville, North Carolina, it is illegal to sneeze on city streets.
* In Raleigh, North Carolina, before a man asks for a woman's hand in marriage, he must be "inspected by all the barnyard animals on the young woman's family's property, to ensure a harmonious farm life."
* If a man and a woman who aren't married go to a hotel/motel and register themselves as married then, according to state law, they are legally married.
* If you happen to own a marl bed in North Carolina, the law demands that you put a fence around it. A marl bed may not be what you think. It is a kind of rock quarry.
* In Forest City, N.C., it's illegal to bring a pea-shooter to a parade. It's also illegal to shoot paper clips with rubber bands.
* In Mooresville, N.C., it's illegal to attach anything to a pool table.
* In Nags Headm North Carolina you can be fined for singing out of tune for more than ninety seconds.
* In Rockwell, N.C., anyone who violates the terms of a proclamation--such as failing to appropriately celebrate Peanut Day or Jaycees Week--is guilty of a misdemeanor.
* North Carolina just passed a law saying a political action committee, or PAC, has to have a name that describes the group's cause or purpose. The idea is to prohibit, say, the highway or tobacco lobbies from calling themselves "Citizens for Good Government."
* In North Carolina it's illegal to dig ginseng on other people's property between the months of April and September, according to an 1866 law.
* In North Carolina it's illegal to sell cotton lint at night.
* In North Carolina it is illegal to make love on the floor of a hotel room between two double beds.
* In Winston-Salem, North Carolina, it is against the law for children under seven years of age to go to college.
* It is against the law to roller blade on a state highway.
* It is illegal to have sex in a churchyard.
* It's against the law to sing off key.
* It's unlawful to attract a crowd in Forest City, N.C., except when aching the Gospel, politicking or "serenading on occasion of public rejoicing."
* Kill Devil Hills: You may not ride a bicycle without having both your hands on the handle bars.
* Making love in the space between the beds is strictly forbidden.
* North Carolina forbids sex outside of marriage, or "fornication," but the girlfriend as well as the man would have to be prosecuted.
* Oral sex is considered a crime against nature.
* Punching an official at a youth sports program in Nashville, N.C., incurs a three-year suspension from the program for adult spectators as well as participants.
* Rocky Mount: It is required that you must pay a property tax on your dog.
* Southern Shores: It is against the law to roller-blade on a state highway.
* Thomasville, North Carolina, prohibits airplanes from flying over the town on Sundays during the hours between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
* The good people of Tryon, N.C., are serious about getting a good night's sleep. It's against the law for anyone to keep "fowl that shall cackle," or for anyone to play the piccolo between the hours of 11 p.m. and 7:30 a.m.
* While having sex, you must stay in the missionary position and have the shades pulled.
* You can't sneeze on the streets of Asheville, North Carolina.
* You may not ride a bicycle without having both your hands on the handle bars.
* There is to be no roller-blading during daylight hours, on the roads, or on the bricks.
* Beer and pretzels can't be served at the same time in any bar or restaurant.
* Fargo: One may be jailed for wearing a hat while dancing, or even for wearing a hat to a function where dancing is taking place.
* In Collierville: Keeping clean can be a chilly proposition, as a law there says all bathtubs must be kept in the backyard.
* In North Dakota, charitable groups can hold stud poker games to raise money, but only twice a year
* In North Dakota it is illegal to keep an elk in a sandbox in your backyard.
* In Waverly you better not let your horse near the tub, since horses are prohibited from sleeping in them, as well as in the house.
* It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep with your shoes on.
* It is legal to shoot an Indian on horseback, provided you are in a covered wagon.
* According to Ohio law, it's against the law to kill a housefly within 160 feet of a church without a license.
* A policeman may bite a dog to quiet him. However, the reverse is not true, even if it's a police dog.
* Bay Village: It is illegal to walk a cow down Lake Road.
* Bexley: The installation and usage of slot machines in outhouses is prohibited.
* Breast feeding is not allowed in public.
* Cars are not allowed to scare horses in Centerville, Ohio.
* Cincinnati: Anal intercourse is banned.
* Cleveland: It's illegal to catch mice without a hunting license!
* Cleveland law forbids you to operate a motor vehicle while sitting in another person's lap.
* In Cleveland, Ohio, women are forbidden from wearing patent leather shoes, lest men see reflections of their underwear.
* Clinton County: Any person who leans against a public building will be subject to fines.
* In Chillicothe, Ohio it is illegal to throw rice at weddings.
* Columbus: It is illegal for stores to sell corn flakes on Sunday.
* Fairview Park: It's against the law to honk your horn "excessively". A grandmother was fined for honking her horn twice at her neighbor. Items left on a tree lawn become city property. A young man was fined for removing an item from a tree lawn even though he had the owner's permission.
* Funeral jargon seems to have crept into the wording of a cemetery fee regulation in Norton, Ohio. There regular plots are $33, but "creamies" are $75.
* In Marysville, Ohio it is illegal for a dog to urinate on a parking meter.
* In the hippy-dippy late '60s, Youngstown, Ohio, briefly had a law making it illegal to walk barefoot through town.
* In ohio it is illegal to ride on the roof of a taxi cab.
* In ohio it is illegal to run out of gas.
* In Ohio women are forbidden from wearing patent leather shoes, lest men see reflections of their underwear.
* In Ohio, if you ignore an orator on Decoration day to such an extent as to publicly play croquet or pitch horseshoes within one mile of the speaker's stand, you can be fined $25.00.
* In Oxford, Ohio, it's illegal for a woman to strip off her clothing while standing in front of a man's picture.
* In Oxford, Ohio, it is unlawful for a woman to appear in public while unshaven. This includes legs and face.
* In Xenia, Ohio, it's illegal to spit in a salad bar
* Ironton: Cross-dressing is against the law.
* It is against the law to roller skate without notifying the police.
* It is illegal for more than five women to live in a house.
* It is illegal to fish for whales on Sunday.
* It is illegal to get a fish drunk.
* It is illegal to mistreat anything of great importance.
* It is legal to throw a snake at someone but it is illegal to shake a snake at someone.
* Items left on a tree lawn become city property. A young man was fined for removing an item from a tree lawn even though he had the owner's permission.
* It's illegal to catch mice without a hunting license.
* Lima: Any map that does not have Lima clearly stated on the map cannot be sold.
* Lowell: It is unlawful to run a horse over five miles per hour.
* Marion: You cannot eat a doughnut and walk backwards on a city street.
* McDonald: Your goose may not paraded down Main Street.
* No one may be arrested on Sunday or on the Fourth of July.
* Owners of tigers must notify authorities within one hour if the tiger escapes.
* Oxford: It's illegal for a woman to strip off her clothing while standing in front of a man's picture.
* Participating or conducting a duel is prohibited.
* Paulding: A policeman may bite a dog to quiet him.
* Riding on the roof of a taxi cab is not allowed.
* The Ohio driver's education manual states that you must honk the horn whenever you pass another car.
* Toledo: Throwing a snake at anyone is illegal.
* You may not run out of gas.
* Alfalfa Bill Murray was a legendary legislator in Oklahoma around the turn of the century who became speaker of the house and governor. He was also a tall fellow, and nothing ticked him off more than going into a hotel and having short sheets on the bed. In 1908 he had a law passed that required all hotels in the Sooner state to have sheets that covered the bed and had three extra feet of linen to cover the head and feet. The so-called "Nine Foot Sheet" stayed on the books for several decades, until after Alfalfa went to his last resting place.
* Ada: If you wear New York Jets clothing, you may be put in jail.
* Anyone arrested for soliciting a hooker must have their name and picture shown on television.
* Cars must be tethered outside of public buildings.
* Clinton, Oklahoma has a law against masturbating while watching two people having sex in a car.
* Clinton: Molesting an automobile is illegal.
* Dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate in groups of three or more on private property.
* Females are forbidden from doing their own hair without being licensed by the state.
* Fish may not be contained in fishbowls while on a public bus.
* Harthahorne City Ordinance, Section 363, states that it shall be unlawful to put any hypnotized person in a display window.
* In Broken Arrow, Oklahoma pigs less than 32 inches in length may be kept as pets provided there are no more than two in a house.
* In Bromide, Oklahoma it is illegal for children to use towels as capes and jump from houses pretending to be superman.
* Oklahoma will not tolerate anyone taking a bite out of another's hamburger.
* In Oklahoma, people who make "ugly faces" at dogs may be fined and/or jailed.
* In Tulsa, Oklahoma the limit on kisses is three minutes.
* It is against the law to read a comic book while operating a motor vehicle.
* It is illegal to have sex before you are married.
* It is illegal to have the hind legs of farm animals in your boots.
* It is illegal to wear your boots to bed.
* It's statutory rape for a man over 18 to have sex with a female under the age of 18, provided she's a virgin. If she's not a virgin, it is okay, but the said person must be over 16. If both parties are under 18, then the law does not apply.
* No one may spit on a sidewalk.
* One may not promote a "horse tripping event".
* Oral sex is a misdemeanor and is punisable by one year in jail and a $2,500 fine.
* Residents are taxed for the furniture in their homes, and any other personal belongings.
* Schulter: Women may not gamble in the nude, in lingerie, or while wearing a towel.
* Tattoos are banned.
* Whale hunting is strictly prohibitted throughout the entire state of Oklahoma.
* Wynona: One's mode of transportation must be tied up while not attended. Mules may not drink out of bird baths. Clothes may not be washed in bird baths.
* Yukon: It is illegal to tie a horse in front of city hall. While passing another vehicle, you must honk your horn.
* Beaverton: You must buy a $10 permit to be allowed to install a burglar alarm.
* Canned corn is not to be used as bait for fishing.
* Dishes must drip dry.
* Eugene: It is illegal to show movies or attend a car race on Sundays. It is legal to conduct a horse race or a symphony concert.
* Hood River: Juggling is strictly prohibited without a license.
* In Oregon anyone with a bad reputation is prohibited from distributing malt beverages.
* In Salem, Oregon, it's illegal for patrons of establishments that feature nude dancing to be within two feet of the dancers.
* In Willowdale, Oregon, no man may curse while having sex with his wife.
* It is against the law for animals to have sex in the city limits.
* It is illegal to buy or sell marijuana, but it is legal to smoke it on your own property.
* It is illegal to whisper "dirty" things in your lover's ear during sex.
* It's against the law for a wedding ceremony to be performed at a skating rink.
* There is a law in Portland, Oregon saying that it is illegal to own bolt cutters but yet they sell them in all the local hardware stores. One person got pulled over for carrying a bolt cutter down the street and the police took it away from him saying it was illegal for him to have.
* Klamath Falls: It's illegal to walk down a sidewalk and knock a snakes head off with your cane.
* Marion: Ministers are forbidden from eating garlic or onions before delivering a sermon.
* Ministers are forbidden from eating garlic or onions before delivering a sermon.
* Myrtle Creek: One may not box with a kangaroo.
* No more than two people may share a single drink.
* One may not bathe without wearing "suitable clothing," i.e., that which covers one's body from neck to knee.
* People may not whistle underwater.
* You cannot wear roller skates in restrooms.
* Salem: Women may not wrestle in Salem. Springfield It is illegal to own a reptile within the city limits, unless you are a school or city, as a pet.
* The "Peer Review Statute" prohibits you from finding out details of any written or oral discussion about your medical treatment. Not even a court of law can. All you can access is what the doctor or nurse voluntarily records in your chart.
* You may not pump your own gas in service stations.
* A person is not eligible to become Governor if he/she has participated in a duel.
* A special cleaning ordinance bans homemakers from hiding dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling.
* All fire hydrants must be checked one hour before all fires.
* Allentown: There is a ban on men becoming aroused in public.
* Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue.
* Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass. If the horses appear skittish, the motorist must take his car apart, piece by piece, and hide it under the nearest bushes.
* By law, "watch stuffers" are unwelcome in McKeesport, Pa. Now, no one is quite sure what a watch stuffer does, but whatever he does, he better do it somewhere else.
* Carlisle: In the middle of town, one must pay a fee of $50 dollars a year to park on a particular block. At night, however, the cars must be moved for street cleaning. This law is enforced even if snow or ice prevents the cars from being moved.
* Connellsville: One's pants may be worn no lower than five inches below the waist.
* Dynamite is not to be used to catch fish.
* Fireworks stores may not sell fireworks to Pennsylvania residents.
* In Bensalem, Pennsylvania it is illegal to race mufflerless go-karts after 6PM on Sunday.
* In Harrisburg, Pennsylvania it is illegal to have sex with a truck driver inside a toll booth.
* In Hazelton, Pennsylvania, there is a law on the books that prohibits a person from sipping a carbonated drink while lecturing students in a school auditorium.
* In Philadelphia, you can't put pretzels in bags.
* In the Mount Pocono region any group of 5 or more Native Americans are to be considered a raiding party and may be killed on the spot.
* In York, Pennsylvania, you can't sit down while watering your lawn with a hose.
* It sounds like the title of a rock album or something, but "Coasting on Beaver Street" is illegal in Edgeworth, Pa.
* It is contrary to Pennsylvania law to discharge a gun, cannon, revolver or other explosive weapon at a wedding.
* It is illegal to have over 16 women live in a house together because that constitutes a brothel. However up to 120 men can live together, without breaking the law.
* Millville: One may not shoot any dog that is found wandering the streets. The sale of alcohol is prohibited.
* Ministers are forbidden from performing marriages when either the bride or groom is drunk.
* Morrisville: It is required that a woman have a permit to wear cosmetics.
* Newtown: Every outlet or switch (which can be purchased for 59 cents) that is installed requires an electrical inspection fee of 1 dollar and 33 cents.
* No man may purchase alcohol without written consent from his wife.
* No more than two packages of beer at a time may be purchased, unless you are buying from an official "beer distributor"
* No one is allowed to sleep on a refrigerator. Stoves, dishwashers and microwave ovens are not specifically mentioned.
* Pittsburgh: It is still illegal to bring a donkey or a mule onto a trolley car.
* Tarentum: Horses are not to be tied to parking meters.
* The state law of Pennsylvania prohibits singing in the bathtub.
* Though you do not need a fishing license to fish on your own land, a hunting license is required to hunt on your own land.
* Witchcraft was first legalized in the colony of Pennsylvania.
* You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth.
* You may not catch a fish with your hands.
* You may not sing in the bathtub.
* Any marriage where either of the parties is an idiot or lunatic is null and void.
* Exercising any labor, business, or work, or using any game, sport, play, or recreation, or causing any of the above to be done to or by your children, servants, or apprentices on the first day of the week (Sunday) results in a penalty of $5 for the first offense and $10 for the second.
* In Providence, Rhode Island it is illegal to sell toothpaste and a toothbrush to the same customer on a Sunday.
* In Scituate, Rhode Island it is illegal to keep a flock of chickens in your motorhome if you live in a trailer park.
* Impersonating a town sealer, auctioneer, corder of wood, or a fence-viewer is against the law. Penalty: $20 to $100 fine.
* It is considered an offense to throw pickle juice on a trolley.
* It is illegal to challenge someone to a duel, or accept a duel, even it it is never actually fought. Penalty: Imprisonment for one to seven years.
* It is illegal to coast downhill in your car with your transmission in neutral, or with the clutch disengaged.
* It is illegal to place a windmill within twenty-five (25) rods of any traveled street or road.
* It's a misdemeanor to keep more than 11 inoperable vehicles in front of a house.
* Professional sports, except ice polo and hockey, must obtain a license to play games on Sunday.
* It is illegal to wear transparent clothing.
* Riding a horse over any public highway for the purpose of racing, or testing the speed of the horse is illegal. Penalty: Maximum $20 fine and imprisonment for 10 days.
* This state still prohibits unmarried people from having sex under any circumstances. However, if caught, the lovers are both fined only 10 dollars
* West Warwick It is illegal to use water on even-numbered days for the sole purpose of watering plants, gardens, or lawns. If you break this law there is a fine of $25-$100.
* A railroad my not remove itself from a town of more than five hundred people.
* All schools must prepare a suitable program for Francis Willard Day.
* By law, if a man promises to marry an unmarried woman, the marriage must take place.
* Charleston: It is against the law to drive a motorized vehicle on King Street.
* The Fire Department may blow up your house. This law was made so that the fire department could create a fire brake.
* Dance halls may not operate on Sundays.
* Every adult male must bring a rifle to church on Sunday in order to ward off Indian attacks.
* Fortune tellers are required to obtain a special permit from the state.
* Fountain Inn: Horses are to wear pants at all times.
* In South Carolina, wife beaters weren't allowed to hold public office.
* In South Carolina you can be fined for not denouncing "the evils of intemperance" on the fourth Friday of every October.
* It is a capital offense to inadvertently kill someone while attempting suicide.
* It is considered an offense to get a tattoo.
* It is illegal to communicate with a woman using obscene messages.
* It is illegal to display a confederate flag on a courthouse.
* It is illegal to give or receive oral sex.
* It is illegal to sell any alcoholic beverages on Sunday, unless you own a private club.
* It is legal to beat your wife on a Sunday morning on the steps of the state house.
* Lancaster County: It is illegal to dance in public.
* Merchandise may not be sold within a half mile of a church unless fruit is being sold.
* Musical instruments may not be sold on Sunday.
* No work may be done on Sunday. An exception is that light bulbs may be sold.
* On Hilton Head Island, South Carolina it is illegal to shine a flashlight on a sea turtle
* Performing a U-turn within 1,000 feet of an intersection is illegal.
* Railroad companies may be held liable in some instances for scaring horses.
* Spartanburg: Eating watermelons in the Magnolia Street cemetery is forbidden.
* When approaching a four way or blind intersection in a non-horse driven vehicle you must stop 100 ft from the intersection and discharge a firearm into the air to warn horse traffic.
* In hotels in Sioux Falls, every room is required to have twin beds. And the beds must always be a minimum of two feet apart when a couple rents a room for only one night. And it's illegal to make love on the floor between the beds!
* In South Dakota it is illegal to try to convince a pacifist to renounce his beliefs by threatening to arm-wrestle him.
* It is illegal to lie down and fall asleep in a cheese factory.
* Movies that show police officers being struck, beaten, or treated in an offensive manner are forbidden.
* "Crimes against nature" are prohibited.
* Any person crippling, killing or in any way destroying a proud bitch that is running at large shall not be held liable for the damages due to such killing or destruction.
* Driving is not to be done while asleep.
* Dyersburg: It is illegal for a woman to call a man for a date.
* Fayette County: You may not have more than five inoperable vehicles on a piece of property.
* Hollow logs may not be sold.
* In Jonesboro, Tenn., a slingshot used to be classified by law as a deadly weapon.
* In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive a car unless there is a man either running or walking in front of it, waving a red flag to warn approaching motorists and pedestrians.
* In Tennessee it is illegal to use a lasso to catch fish.
* It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish.
* It is legal to gather and consume road kill
* It's illegal for frogs to croak after 11 PM.
* Knoxville: In front of their buildings, all businesses must have a "hitching post."
* Lexington: No one may eat ice cream on the sidewalk. Spitting on the sidewalk is prohibited.
* Memphis: It's illegal for frogs to croak after 11 PM. Panhandlers must first obtain a $10 permit before begging on the streets of downtown Memphis. It is illegal to give any pie to fellow diners. It is also illegal to take unfinished pie home. All pie must be eaten on the premises.
* More than 8 women may not live in the same house because that would constitute a brothel.
* Nashville: Males may not be sexually aroused in public.
* Stealing a horse is punishable by hanging.
* You can't shoot any game other than whales from a moving automobile.
* Oneida: An ordinance forbids anyone to sing the song "It Ain't Goin' To Rain No Mo'."
* A city ordinance states that a person cannot go barefoot without first obtaining a special five-dollar permit.
* A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
* Abilene: It is illegal to idle or loiter anyplace within the corporate limits of the city for the purpose of flirting or mashing.
* Austin: Wire cutters can not be carried in your pocket.
* Beaumont: Collegiate football is banned at Lamar University.
* Borger: It is against the law to throw confetti, rubber balls, feather dusters, whips or quirts (riding crop), and explosive firecrackers of any kind.
* Clarendon: It is illegal to dust any public building with a feather duster.
* Dallas: It's illegal to possess realistic dildos.
* El Paso: Churches, hotels, halls of assembly, stores, markets, banking rooms, railroad depots, and saloons are required to provide spittoons "of a kind and number to efficiently contain expectorations into them."
* Galveston: It is illegal to drive a motor car down Broadway before noon on Sundays.
* Houston: Beer may not be purchased after midnight on a Sunday, but it may be purchased on Monday. It is illegal to sell Limburger cheese on Sunday.
* If you went to church in Texas years back, you'd better be recognized. An old law made it illegal to go to church in disguise.
* In Alamo a person found intoxicated must be given a large dose of castor oil by a local doctor...and failure to gulp it down will result in a fine.
* In Corpus Christie it is illegal to raise alligators in your home.
* In Dallas County it is illegal to own any realistic looking, phallic shaped, personal massager more than one foot in length.
* In Houston you cannot buy beer after midnight on Sunday, but you can buy it on Monday.
* In Kingsville, there is a law against two pigs having sex on the city's airport property.
* In Lefors, Texas it is illegal to take more than three swallows of beer at any time while standing.
* In Mesquite, Texas it is illegal for kids to have unusual haircuts.
* It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
* It is illegal to drive without windshield wipers. You don't need a windshield, but you must have the wipers.
* It is illegal to have an open container in a car.
* It is illegal to have anything protruding from your bumper unless it is attached with a chain
* It is illegal to milk another person's cow.
* It is illegal to urinate on the Alamo.
* It is legal for the blind to go hunting as long as they have someone with them who isn't blind.
* In Texas any artificial constructed underwater barrier reefs must come with an instruction booklet.
* In Texas, sixteen-year old divorced girls are prohibited from talking about sex during high school extracurricular activities.
* It is unlawful for a person to consume an alcoholic beverage while operating a motor vehicle upon a public roadway, if the person is observed doing so by a peace officer.
* Jasper: Dogs must be on a leash at ALL times. Fine of 100 dollars.
* Lubbock County: It is illegal to drive within an arm's length of alcohol - including alcohol in someone else's blood stream.
* Port Arthur: Obnoxious odors may not be emitted while in an elevator.
* Richardson: It is now illegal to place a "for sale" sign on a car if it visible from the street. It is illegal to do "U Turns".
* San Antonio: It is illegal for both sexes to flirt or respond to flirtation using the eyes and/or hands.
* Temple: No one may ride a horse and buggy through the town square. You can ride your horse in the saloon. Cattle thieves may be hanged on the spot.
* Texarkana: Owners of horses may not ride them at night without tail lights.
* Texas law forbids anyone to have a pair of pliers in his possession.
* The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.
* There is an old law in Texas that states you are unable to tuck your pants into one boot unless you own ten or more cattle.
* You can be legally married by publicly introducing a person as your husband or wife 3 times.
crazy laws in america
* A husband is responsible for every criminal act committed by his wife while she is in his presence.
* A Utah legislator proposed a resolution urging that each TV weather person be required to provide an ice cream cone to every member of the state House of Representatives whenever the forecast was wrong. The resolution failed, perhaps on First Amendment grounds.
* In addition to normal charges, the woman's name will be published in the local newspaper.The man does not receive any punishment.
* Birds have the right of way on all highways.
* In Monroe, daylight must be visible between partners on a dance floor.
* It is against the law to fish from horseback.
* It is considered an offense to hunt whales.
* It is illegal not to drink milk.
* Kaysville: You must have identification to enter a convenience store after dark.
* Logan: Women may not swear.
* No one may have sex in the back of an ambulance if it is responding to an emergency call.
* No woman may have sex with a man while riding in an ambulance within the boundaries of Tremonton, Utah. If caught, the woman can be charged with a sexual misdemeanor and "her name is to be published in the local newspaper." The man isn't charged nor is his name revealed.
* Salt Lake City: No one may walk down the street carrying a paper bag containing a violin.
* The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BAFT) bans the word "refreshing" to describe any alcohol beverage.
* Throwing snowballs will result in a $50 fine.
* Trout Creek: Pharmacists may not sell gunpowder to cure headaches.
* At one time it was illegal to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole.
* Barre All residents shall bathe every Saturday night.
* Call a Vermont court a "kangaroo court" or some similar moniker, and you might be looking at a $200 fine. It is illegal to defame a court.
* In Vermont it is illegal to paint landscapes in times of war.
* In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
* It is illegal to deny the existence of God.
* It's against the law in Vermont for vagrants to procure food by force. Apparently if you have a good job and stable home life, it's O.K. to procure food by force.
* An old Virginia law was titled, "An Act to Prevent Corrupt Practices or Bribery by Any Person Other Than a Candidate."
* As in many towns, you need a permit to run a barbershop in Christiansburg, Va. But the wording of the town's law indicates that the permit will be revoked if you're caught operating without a permit.
* A Virginia law requires all bathtubs to be kept out in the yards, not inside the houses.
* Children are not to go trick-or-treating on Halloween.
* Citizens must honk their horn while passing other cars.
* Culpeper: No one may wash a mule on the sidewalk.
* Driving while not wearing shoes is prohibited.
* If one is not married, it is illegal for him to have sexual relations.
* If you are intoxicated but not driving your car, but the person who is driving your car is intoxicated, both you and the driver can be charged with DUI in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
* In Christiansburg, Va., it's illegal to imitate a police whistle.
* In Christiansburg, Va., it's illegal to "spit, expectorate or deposit any sputum, saliva or any form of saliva or sputum."
* In Newport it's against the law to tickle a girl under her chin with a feather duster in order to get her attention.
* In Norfolk a woman can't go out without wearing a corset.
* In Radford, VA you are not allowed to spit, loogie, puke or urinate on the streets.
* In Richmond, Va., you must buy a license for 93 cents to sell song books on the street.
* In Richmond, Virginia it is illegal to flip a coin in any eating establishment to determine who buys a cup of coffee.
* It is illegal to tickle women.
* Lebanon: It is illegal to kick your wife out of bed.
* Norfolk: Spitting on a sea gull is not tolerated. A man may face 60 days in jail for patting a woman's derriere. Women must wear a corset after sundown and be in the company of male chaperone.
* Not only is it illegal to have sex with the lights on, one may not have sex in any position other than missionary.
* Perhaps anticipating telemarketing, the town fathers of Albany, Va., have for years prohibited peddlers from using the telephone to either sell things or raise funds.
* Police radar detectors are illegal.
* Richmond: It is illegal to flip a coin in a restaurant to see who pays for a coffee.
* Swearing at someone over the phone in virginia is punishable by a $100 fine.
* There is a state law prohibiting "corrupt practices of bribery by any person other than candidates."
* There was once a law in Salem Virginia that made it illegal to leave home without knowing where you were going.
* Victoria: It is illegal to skate down the sidewalk of Main Street.
* Virginia Beach: It is illegal for a person to ride on the handlebars of a bike. It is illegal to use profanity on Atlantic Avenue or the boardwalk. It is also unlawful to drive by the same place within 30 minutes on Atlantic Avenue.
* You cannot buy hardware of any kind on Sunday.
* You cannot sell lettuce on Sunday, but you can sell beer, wine etc.
* You may not work on Sunday.
* "It shall be unlawful for a candidate for office or for nomination thereto whose name appears upon the ballot at any election to give to or purchase for another person, not a member of his or her family, any liquor in or upon any premises licensed by the state for the sale of any such liquor by the drink during the hours that the polls are open on the day of such election."
* A law to reduce crime states: "It is mandatory for a motorist with criminal intentions to stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of police as he is entering the town."
* All lollipops are banned.
* All motor vehicles must be preceded by a man carrying a red flag (daytime) or a red lantern (nighttime) fifty feet in front of said vehicle.
* An old Washington law sent duelists to jail for ten years, assuming they didn't lose the duel.
* A proposed Washington law protects sports referees from civil suit unless their actions were "willful, wanton, reckless, malicious or grossly negligent."
* Auburn: Men who deflower virgins, regardless of age or marital status, may face up to five years in jail.
* A Washington state law offers the presumption that youngsters will read comic books.
* Bremerton: You may not shuck peanuts on the street.
* Everett: It is illegal to display a hypnotized or allegedly hypnotized person in a store window. If the honey you are eating in Seattle is a blend of honey from or more types of flowers, it's illegal for the honey to be labeled as having come from one type of flower.
* In Electric City, WA, it is illegal to "keep, or permit to remain, in any location . . . anything whatsoever in which flies or rats may breed or multiply."
* In Olympia, Wash., minors are prohibited from frequenting pool halls.
* In Seattle, Washington, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon that is over six feet in length.
* In Spokane, Wash., it used to be illegal to interrupt a religious meeting by having a horse race.
* In the state of Washington it's illegal to catch a fish by throwing a rock at it.
* In Washington state it's illegal for a candidate to buy anyone a drink on Election Day.
* In Washington state it's illegal to sleep in an outhouse without the owner's permission.
* In Washington state it's illegal to sell to minors comics that might incite them to violence or depraved or immoral acts.
* In Washington it's illegal to pretend you're the child of a rich person and entitled to his estate.
* In Washington, anyone under the age of 18 must have parental permission to throw a tear gas canister.
* In Washington state, until quite recently, you could have been fined up to $500 for removing or defacing the label on a pillow.
* It is illegal to paint polka dots on the American flag.
* It's illegal in Wilbur, Washington, to ride an ugly horse.
* Lynden: Dancing and drinking may not occur at the same establishment.
* Seattle: Women who sit on men's laps on buses or trains without placing a pillow between them face an automatic six-month jail term. No one may set fire to another person's property without prior permission. It is illegal to carry a fishbowl or aquarium onto a bus because the sound of the water sloshing may disturb other passengers.
* The state of Washington doesn't allow marathon dancing--or marathon skipping, sliding, gliding, rolling or crawling.
* Under the law of the state of Washington, any restroom with pay toilets has to have an equal number of free toilets. This law came to pass after the speaker of the state House of Representatives raced to an all-pay facility without a dime.
* Waldron Island: No structure shall contain more than two toilets that use potable water for flushing.
* Washington state doesn't allow fake wrestling.
* You are not allowed to breast feed in public.
* You need a license to sell condoms in Washington state.
* According to the state constitution, it is unlawful for anyone to own a red or a black flag.
* Alderson: One may not walk a lion, tiger or leopard, even on a leash.
* A person may not hold public office if they have ever taken part in a duel. A person may be jailed for up to six months for making fun of someone who does not accept a challenge.
* Doctors and dentists may not place a woman under anesthesia unless a third person is present.
* Huntington: Firemen may not whistle or flirt at any woman passing a firehouse.
* If you wear a hat inside a theater, you may be fined.
* In Nicholas County, W. Va., no member of the clergy is allowed to tell jokes or humerous stories from the pulpit during a church service.
* In West Virginia it is illegal to dig for ginseng on your neighbor's lawn without their permission.
* In West Virginia, it is legal for one to take roadkill home for dinner
* It is against the law for men to have sex with any animal over 40 pounds in weight.
* It is illegal to snooze on a train.
* It is illegal to spit on any sidewalk which women may walk down.
* Nicholas County: No member of the clergy is allowed to tell jokes or humorous stories from the pulpit during a church service.
* No children may attend school with their breath smelling of "wild onions."
* When a railroad passes within 1 mile of a community of 100 or more people in it, they must build a station and stop there regularly to pick up and drop off passengers.
* As people used to smuggle it in from Illinois, all yellow butter substitute is banned.
* At one time, margarine was illegal.
* A Wisconsin legislator recently introduced a bill making it illegal to tattoo someone under the age of 18. He was quoted as saying, "I'm going to save the buttocks of a few juveniles."
* Butter substitutes are not allowed to be served in state prisons.
* Cheese making requires a cheese maker's license; Limburger cheese making requires a master cheese maker's license.
* Citizens may not murder their enemies.
* Condoms were considered an obscene article and had to hidden behind the pharmacist's counter.
* In Connorsville, Wisconsin no man shall shoot off a gun while his female partner is having a sexual orgasm.
* In St. Croix, women are not allowed to wear anything red in public.
* In Wisconsin you are allowed to marry your house.
* It is illegal to cut a woman's hair.
* It is illegal to display an unclothed mannequin in a store window.
* It is illegal to kiss on a train.
* It is illegal to wake a fireman when he is asleep.
* Kenosha: No male is allowed to be in a state of arousal in public.
* La Crosse: It is illegal to play checkers in public. You cannot "worry a squirrel."
* Milwaukee: An old ordinance forbids parking for over two hours unless a horse is tied to the car. It is against the law to play a flute and drums on the streets to attract attention. If one is thought of as offensive looking, it is illegal for him to be in public during the day. It is illegal to purchase or use Sparklers in the city, yet you can buy fully disassembled automatic machine guns.
* Next time you start a riot in Wisconsin remember that it i illegal to use a laser pointer to do so.
* Racine: Women may not walk down a public street at night without being accompanied by a man.
* State Law made it illegal to serve apple pie in public restaurants without cheese.
* Wisconsin law provides for a fine of $2 to $20 for anyone under age 17 caught jumping onto a railroad car while the train is in motion.
* You must manually flush all urinals in a building.
* An ordinance in Newcastle specifically bans couples from having sex while standing inside a store's walk-in meat freezer!
* Cheyenne Citizens may not take showers on Wednesdays.
* In Wyoming it is illegal to tattoo a horse with the intent of making it unrecognizable to its owner.
* It is illegal for women to stand within five feet of a bar while drinking.
* It is illegal to wear a hat that obstructs people's view in a public theater or place of amusement.
* Wyoming required that every inmate of the state's training school for girls be issued crinoline bloomers.
* You may not take a picture of a rabbit during the month of June.
Thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed it. For the end a little disclaimer: although most of these laws are true, or were true in the past, there are some that were intentionally taken out of context for entertainment purpose.
And remember, always obey the law no matter how crazy it is.