How to stop suicide bombers

Posted by: Tiw [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: January 27, 2005 08:14AM
Tex, you can't be thinking clearly (if at all). The only way to beat an enemy like this is to prove that you are better than it is. This means holding true to high standards and never letting them go. Once you start nlike for like you become worse than they are because you claim the moral high-ground.
Posted by: realitylogic [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: January 27, 2005 01:32PM
It s your blame America first attitude that has got us where we are now “Tiw” I agree with the taking the moral high ground however how many burned American bodies dragged through the streets and how many people will have their heads sawed of before enough is enough? Being nice and moral will not stop these fanatics from doing what they do you have to terrorize the terrorists before any of this will stop.
Posted by: Kevin [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: January 27, 2005 01:51PM
a_Texan:

Violence perpetuates violence.

Like I have said before, things are going to get much worse before getting any better.

I wish that weren't the case, but that is reality.
Posted by: Anonymous [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: January 27, 2005 02:05PM
Violence is the only thing that these fanatical Muslims understand
Date: January 27, 2005 02:19PM
Anonymous@971:

Yes they understand violence, but that doesn't change the fact that violence perpetuates violence. It is a rather simple concept.
Date: January 27, 2005 02:29PM
Some people are all for revenge, a cycle that perpetuates itself indefinitely. See below:

ven·geance n. Infliction of punishment in return for a wrong committed; retribution.

Idiom:
with a vengeance
With great violence or force.

I realize revenge doesn't solve anything for future generations. Real change must be perpetuated by a change in collective conscious and leadership. See below:

civil disobedience
n.
Refusal to obey civil laws in an effort to induce change in governmental policy or legislation, characterized by the use of passive resistance or other "nonviolent" means.

n : a group's refusal to obey a law because they believe the law is immoral (as in protest against discrimination); "Thoreau wrote a famous essay justifying civil disobedience"
Posted by: Black_Trans_Am [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: January 27, 2005 03:13PM
Realitylogic,
Yes the U.S. should be pursuing the terrorists, that is obvious. They must also and always differentiate between terrorists and regular people. The policies of bombing, killing, torture and mistreatment of the regular people are the reason thing are going so badly over there (and getting worse). The "hearts and mind" have long since been lost.

Take the "moral highground" not as a ploy or policy that might change. Take the moral highground because it is right...if the U.S. uses their tactics then they prove themselves to be no better. If the U.S is no better then why would or should anyone trust or follow the them? If the U.S. turns to torture and illegal tactics then they are merely very, very well-funded and well-trained terrorists, no different then Al Qaida. I have too many friends and who are wonderful human beings in the U.S. military to believe that they should be used as such savage pawns. What an insult to them and their sacrifices! I would think that a vast majority of Americans would insist that professional soldiers conduct themselves as professionals and that the President that gives them their marching orders be likewise. The U.S. and her President fails to stand for anything but hot air if they lower themselves to the level of the Al Qaid barbarians.
Posted by: GAK67 [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: January 27, 2005 08:14PM
To whoever is posting from @971 (pick a username and stick with it)

I think you are forgetting that there are more than just Americans and American interests at stake here. There have been citizens of numerous countries kidnapped and beheaded in Iraq since the conflict began. There are also soldiers from more countries than America in Iraq. It is just that they are US led, and there are more from the US.

Now that the initial conflict is over, I believe the miltary in Iraq are doing the right thing - protecting infrastructure assets and trying to make the place safe enough for the ordinary people of Iraq to choose a new goverment and get on with their lives. I agree with other peoples comments that if the US military goes on the offensive and becoming 'terrorists' the level of violence will not decrease, but rather increase.
Date: February 06, 2005 03:57AM
gak67 your ignorance of the muslim religion and their convert or be killed attitude would get you killed,sad but true,I was killing people in foreign lands probably before you were born,the only thing that's changed in the last 35 years is things have gotten worse.who would not agree that people like stalin,Hitler,castro, sadam hussen,kim jung IL would not be missed & the world would be better off without them ever having lived,I am sure you will probably say well we could have had someone alot worse,the old could-a,would-a,should-a theory.I don't see any liberal's starting a mass exodus to try to convert third world countries to there liberal point of view,ever wonder why?
Date: February 06, 2005 04:09AM
revert or retard? sounds like the ostrich theory to me/stick your head in a hole in the sand,If you can't see it then it's not there. shine a light on the Racoon when ran up a tree, the response put both paws over the eyes,If he(the racoon)can't see you then you can't see him.
Date: February 06, 2005 01:54PM
All they have to do is bury the remains of any suicide bomber with a pig's corpse. Once word gets out, no more Muslim suicide bombers.
They could also rub their bullets in pork fat, like the British used to do in Afghanistan.
Posted by: GAK67 [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: February 07, 2005 09:18PM
229211, I wonder who has the true ignorance of the muslim religion. I find your attitude of pride in killing people sick. I have no problem with people being proud of serving their country in the military, but it sounds like you enjoyed the killing more than the serving, and that is wrong. I agree with you that we would have all been better off without those leaders you mentioned, and I do not belittle the efforts of those who fought and died to either oust them or defend their lands from them. Thank you for trying to put words in my mouth, but you obviously do not know me!
Date: April 10, 2005 12:06AM
Ask the israelis -- it looks like they are most likely to know!
Date: April 10, 2005 11:24AM
stop the sucide bombers by having distraction targets like painting a picture of school kids onto a wall, the bomber will run over and blow themself to shit without killing anyone, or get a bus and put a whole load of human shaped bags on it then let the fucker run on board and blow themself up, again not killing anyone. That would be most amusing
Date: April 14, 2005 08:12PM
Honestly the only way to really stop this suicide bombing is full blown military atrocoties. Terror works. But it is an impossible option. Think of how the vietnamese succeeded. They had no fear of cutting of the right arms of every person in a single village to get them to follow their instructions. I think the next best bet is education and freedom. Get them to realise that they have other options available to them and that life wouldnt be all that hard if they didnt resort to blowing themselves up.
Date: May 28, 2005 10:54PM
One sure way to stop the suicide bombers in Israel is to hold the parents responsible for their child’s crime. Today, Palestinian parents willingly and proudly send off their kids to become suicide bombers and commit mass murder inside Israel. In exchange for sacrificing their child, they receive from Saddam Hussein or Saudi Arabia a cash payment of $35,000.

The Israeli Knesset should pass a law making it a capital crime to offer a child to become a sacrificial suicide bomber. After all, such sacrifice is tantamount to murdering one’s own child. The $35,000 the parents receive should be confiscated and their house appropriated or destroyed. If the suicide bomber knew that he was also condemning his parents to death, he might not be so eager to carry out his mission.

The most recent attacks against civilian buses in Jerusalem packed with school children and commuters indicate that strong preventive measures are necessary to end these massacres. It is doubtful that Palestinian parents, knowing that they will be held responsible for their child’s crime, will approve of having their child used as a suicide bomber.

At present the parents who abet and encourage the suicide bombings suffer no consequences for their actions. They receive their $35,000 and can purchase new apartments or cars or whatever. Since they so proudly proclaim their child’s crime of murdering Israelis, they should be made to pay the price of their child’s crime.

The Israelis should make an example of at least one such Palestinian family, by confiscating their reward, imprisoning them, trying them for the crime of contributing to the murder of their own child, and if found guilty, executing them.

Putting such parents on trial would show the world what kind of demented individuals these parents are. It would reveal the depth of their hatred of Jews to the point that they are willing to turn their children into suicidal bombers. This kind of demented hatred and demonic motivation would show the world what Israel is up against. Just as the Germans under the Nazis became sadistic barbarians, likewise the Palestinians under Arafat have become equally barbaric, lacking the very basic principles of normal behavior that make civilization possible. And they are doing all of this in the name of Allah!

In a previous article we urged the Israeli government to create a new settlement for every attack by a suicide bomber. Apparently, the government didn’t care for that idea. What they are doing now is reoccupying territory once under Palestinian control. But will that stop the suicide-bombers?

No. But executing the parents will.
Date: July 15, 2005 05:30PM
Let's just say, Islam is a repressive political system disguised as a religion.
The terrorist's are attempting to keep their people in the political system, and are hence performing suicide bombing against adherents of Islam, in the presence of America.
One way to counter terrorism is to produce a traceable form of either acetone, or peroxide, or sell a form of either of these required elements, in such a form, as to be useless to the bombmakers.
Date: July 15, 2005 05:33PM
Another way to stop terrorism would be to produce our own gasoline, from vegatable as well as animal oils.
At least we would not be providing financial support for these criminals!
Posted by: aDCBeast [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: August 19, 2005 12:50AM

Well since suicide bomberings are conventional war for the poor, I guess you could allow poor nations to become wealthy. They would buy the same military equipment and the fighting would be fair.
Posted by: Anarchia [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: August 28, 2005 04:51AM
Suicide bombings are a tactical evolution in guerilla warfare - which is basically a defensive war against a larger enemy.

Since suicide bombings are associated with terrorism, we must define "terrorism":

/Terror/
Webster's Collegiate Dictionary:
"Terror is an intense, overpowering fear."

/Terrorism/
The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence against people or property to coerce or intimidate governments or societies, often to achieve political, religious, or ideological objectives. (JCS Pub 1-02)
--( [www.globalsecurity.org] )--

There are Five types of terrorism: /(/worst/to/least/worst/)/ *
- 1. State terror
- 2. Religious terror
- 3. Criminal terror (Mafia, drug cartels, etc.)
- 4. Pathological terror (psychos, Charles Manson, etc.)
- 5. Political group terror (Palastinian, Baader-Meinhof, the Red Brigade, etc.)

(* in cost to human life and property)

Since state terrorism is the most dangerous, we should address that first.
How can we stop state terrorism?

First, Avoid extremes of double standards.
Second, Do not condone the terror of your allies.
Third, Avoid covert operations and low-intensity warfare.
Fourth, Focus on causes and help ameliorate causes. Do not concentrate on military solutions.
Fifth, Strengthen the framework of international law.

Locally, we can do some other things:

1. Decentralize energy production.
2. Decentralize food production.
3. Use multiple currency systems (cf. Ithaca Hours)
4. Learn how to get along with our neighbors.
5. Learn some better communication techniques... jesus people, American's do NOT know how to have an intelligent argument. Always this name calling.
6. Educate ourselves, be willing to be wrong, and always consider alternate options.

Posted by: TrueBlue [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: August 28, 2005 03:40PM
Anarchia... great post. Highly objective. Thank you.
Posted by: destructor [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: November 06, 2005 06:59AM
Appeasement won't work. The terrorists will pass it off as a success and continue their attacks.

We need to implement a police state. Contrary to illogical nonsense plucked out of the air, you can have a police state and maintain liberty. The US military can easily execute the entire population of the planet at their own whim, but decides not to do this because it is heavily infiltrated by freedom loving americans.

This is where you thank america.

The same can be done with any organisation which is given the authority to take the measures necessary to completely eliminate violent crime. However there is a political group in the US at the moment called the liberals who's major political parties are the republicans and democrats, the democrats being the most liberal. All liberals should be tried and prosecuted for all the rapes, murders and acts of terrorism that occurred during their lifetime in the US and hopefully sentenced accordingly. As it is their fault for not implementing a police state and preventing all these crimes from occurring.
Date: July 22, 2006 12:55AM
When you have Countries that have billboard like stuff hanging up all over of dead suicide bombers ( their heroes ) not to mention the museum type shit, yeah of suicide bombers, they should be wiped off the face of the Planet, the whole country, if they ever had or ever get some BIG SHIT, they will, Fuck us in a heartbeat........ KILL OR BE KILLED............ WEAKNESS BEGETS WEAKNESS
Date: August 02, 2006 03:31PM
If suicide was made a capital offence, surely that would deter them?
Posted by: Anonymous [x] - (68.99.251.---)
Date: October 19, 2007 04:25AM
Erm.
I think the absence of reason is the problem here.
Posted by: Anonymous [x] - (68.99.251.---)
Date: October 19, 2007 04:26AM
Education?
They ARE educated! Takin up res in da chem labs...
Your Name: 
Subject: