Suicide bombings are a tactical evolution in guerilla warfare - which is basically a defensive war against a larger enemy.
Since suicide bombings are associated with terrorism, we must define "terrorism":
Webster's Collegiate Dictionary:
"Terror is an intense, overpowering fear."
The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence against people or property to coerce or intimidate governments or societies, often to achieve political, religious, or ideological objectives. (JCS Pub 1-02)
There are Five types of terrorism: /(/worst/to/least/worst/)/ *
- 1. State terror
- 2. Religious terror
- 3. Criminal terror (Mafia, drug cartels, etc.)
- 4. Pathological terror (psychos, Charles Manson, etc.)
- 5. Political group terror (Palastinian, Baader-Meinhof, the Red Brigade, etc.)
(* in cost to human life and property)
Since state terrorism is the most dangerous, we should address that first.
How can we stop state terrorism?
First, Avoid extremes of double standards.
Second, Do not condone the terror of your allies.
Third, Avoid covert operations and low-intensity warfare.
Fourth, Focus on causes and help ameliorate causes. Do not concentrate on military solutions.
Fifth, Strengthen the framework of international law.
Locally, we can do some other things:
1. Decentralize energy production.
2. Decentralize food production.
3. Use multiple currency systems (cf. Ithaca Hours)
4. Learn how to get along with our neighbors.
5. Learn some better communication techniques... jesus people, American's do NOT know how to have an intelligent argument. Always this name calling.
6. Educate ourselves, be willing to be wrong, and always consider alternate options.