Posted by: revert [x] - (203.51.132.---)
Date: December 08, 2003 07:07AM
Since there has been quite a few voting suggestions of late, in the General Suggestion Box. So I decided to create another topic for it.

Elmerfudd suggests if you vote on an image to goes to a random image that you haven't voted on before. (You can still use other means to view the same images again).
Well I think this sounds like a really good idea.

Another idea. Display how many images left for you to vote for? In site stats. =)

I'll see what other people think of it before starting work on it.
Posted by: pulse [x] - (203.51.132.---)
Date: December 08, 2003 11:33AM
I'd go along with that.

My suggestion would be to replace the "Random Image" link in the navigation window with "Next" (or maybe have both), however when you actually VOTE on an image it takes you to a random image you've not seen (or voted on) before.
Posted by: revert [x] - (203.51.132.---)
Date: December 08, 2003 12:02PM
Well I would want to encourage people to vote.

1. So I feel the 'seen' option doesn't count as anything. You have to vote so it doesn't come up after you vote on an image. Be that a random / next image.

2. Not knowing how other people view the site. But it looks to me that people just generally hit the 'random image' link on the top screen. So I would have thought it be more usable to get the next image rather than than a random image. As the images on the site seem to go in some sort of a sequence, if you don't like where you are you click on "random link".

Thats just my opinion... I'm happy to make it go back to how it was if thats what people want.
Posted by: ElmerFudd [x] - (203.51.132.---)
Date: December 09, 2003 01:24AM
Keep everything random like it is, except when people vote, then show a random image that hasn't been voted on, if all voted then just a random image..
Posted by: Pulse [x] - (203.51.132.---)
Date: December 10, 2003 04:51PM
Quote revert: "1. So I feel the 'seen' option doesn't count as anything. You have to vote so it doesn't come up after you vote on an image. Be that a random / next image."

I think if you were clicking on "Next" it should display the picture again, regardless of if you've voted on it or seen it before. You're requesting the next image. It should only be the random ones that won't redisplay the same image if you've voted on it.
Posted by: Pulse [x] - (203.51.132.---)
Date: December 15, 2003 04:21AM
I've changed my mind.. I think it's working quite well how it is now. I was worried everybody would start at the same point in the gallery (ie recent images) and go from there, which loops back to the oldest pictures.. but that doesn't seem to have happened. With the toplist, recent images and random image button, people start all over the place, and each vote takes them to the next picture in a sequential order. I'd say keep it.
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (76.185.179.---)
Date: May 12, 2012 08:06PM
vote for Ron Paul
Posted by: DarkKlown [x] - (Moderator)
Date: May 14, 2012 06:33AM
damn it fossil.. always digging up the past..
Posted by: pulse [x] - (Moderator)
Date: May 14, 2012 08:12AM
Geez, December 2003? You couldn't find something more interesting and random? smiling smiley

It sucks to be home. I want to be back on my honeymoon! Was much more fun than this place.
Date: May 14, 2012 01:12PM
Ha! you guys thought i was that spammer asswipe? smiling bouncing smiley
fork that fooker DK!! (matrix)
Posted by: BlahX3 [x] - (96.39.185.---)
Date: May 16, 2012 09:16PM
It might be interesting to be able to see who voted on what and their votes are.
Date: May 16, 2012 10:14PM
those were some great threads with voting results. maybe i'll just go and comment on all of them. (*butt*)
Date: May 21, 2012 04:22PM
o.k., so that was an idle threat. smiling bouncing smiley

let's take a vote as to whether we should have voting back.....................
Posted by: pulse [x] - (Moderator)
Date: May 21, 2012 09:45PM
This was originally talking about 'voting' as in rating a picture by clicking on stars

But yeah forum voting would be good. So would people using the forums winking smiley
Posted by: pro_junior [x] - (Moderator)
Date: May 21, 2012 10:00PM
Date: May 22, 2012 12:50PM
Posted by: BlahX3 [x] - (96.39.185.---)
Date: May 24, 2012 12:55AM
A dog smells his own hole first.

Just because it has been "discussed" before doesn't mean it isn't worth a second thought, or rather a first thought, since apparently nobody gave any serious thought about it to begin with.

If there is to be a voting system at least make it mean something to someone, hopefully to those who vote, unlike current incarnations of "democratic" governments.
Posted by: ORLANDO399 [x] - (Moderator)
Date: May 26, 2012 06:04PM
I miss the pollsdisappointed smiley
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: