Posted by: quasi [x] - (108.112.221.---)
Date: March 19, 2013 12:15AM
Great! Thanks! It was really boring staring at the blank screen all day.
Posted by: pulse [x] - (Moderator)
Date: March 19, 2013 02:45AM
No probs. it's really frustrating diagnosing connectivity issues from 10,000 miles away.
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (76.185.173.---)
Date: March 19, 2013 02:55AM
use the force....dumbass. (*facepalm*)
Posted by: pro_junior [x] - (Moderator)
Date: September 20, 2019 03:01AM
both sites running slow for me over the last few days... haven't been able to see 'top list' for a while as the page just eventually times out and gives error message
Error 524 Ray ID: 519.bunch.of.other.numbers.48dgIk839 • 2019-09-20 02:56:20 UTC A timeout occurred
Posted by: pulse [x] - (Moderator)
Date: September 29, 2019 08:38AM
Hmm I haven't noticed any particular slowness, but it wouldn't shock me.

Yeah top list and a few other DB query heavy things don't work anymore. The main server is pretty much on its knees these days (the one we installed earlier in this thread in 2012!) .. I've had to massively increase the amount of connection handlers we run (5x increase), because we were running out of them and it was displaying errors. But then, that's put even more load on the core DB.

Long story short, the hardware is completely due for replacement, it's failing (both of the main systems have predictive HD failures in their RAID arrays), it's slow, out of RAM, out of CPU and the disks can't keep up.

I don't honestly really know what to do with it all though. It's a lot of hassle and expense keeping it running. I don't want to go the advertising route but we really could use a new server or two. There's a possibility I could pinch a couple of old systems from work (still a lot better than what's running here) but then I've gotta ship them to the US and I'm using systems which have been hammered for 3 or 4 years (but still probably 3 generations newer than what we're using).

I dunno. I'll see what some options are.
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (172.69.71.---)
Date: December 16, 2019 04:29PM
i'm donating all my man hoe proceeds to raise funds.

Just for this month only.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/12/2019 04:30PM by fossil_digger.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: