Posted by: DarkKlown [x] - (Moderator)
Date: August 25, 2008 12:52AM
Hey all,

In the continuing effort to make the site easier to navigate I've just introduced the ability for users to tag images. If your unsure what tags are take a look at this: Wikipedia explanation on tags

To add a tag you must be a registered user for at least 3 months.

Just put a few short words into the 'add tag' box and hit return on your keyboard (submit buttons are so cumbersome).

If previous user has added tags to the image and you agree with those tags you can also re-add the same tag words (images will be limited to the amount of tags they have, so the more 'votes' for certain tags the higher they will rank against the image)

You can add multiple tags to a single image either with seperate posts or by putting a space after each word.

Gallery's are dynamically generated from tag words (once a tag is added to a image you can click that tag word and it will take you to a gallery with other images tagged as such)

Enjoy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/08/2008 12:53AM by DarkKlown.
Posted by: pro_junior [x] - (24.21.92.---)
Date: August 27, 2008 10:32PM
I like image tags...
I don't like skin tags...
Posted by: woberto [x] - (121.91.83.---)
Date: August 28, 2008 02:02PM
Ouch!
Posted by: shaDEz [x] - (Moderator)
Date: September 24, 2008 10:28PM
tag, your it
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (76.185.240.---)
Date: September 24, 2008 10:53PM
marco!
Posted by: quasi [x] - (208.78.130.---)
Date: September 24, 2008 11:22PM
polo!
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (76.185.240.---)
Date: September 24, 2008 11:27PM
maaaaaaaarco!
Date: September 25, 2008 03:38AM
sex is more fun when you're by yourself
Posted by: pro_junior [x] - (24.21.92.---)
Date: September 25, 2008 04:04AM
oh boy, I remember my first time...I was scared, it was dark...I was all alone!
-Rodney Dangerfield
Date: September 25, 2008 05:55AM
always use a condom when having sex with a stripper, while at Gay Pride... I didn't and now it burns when I pee
Date: September 25, 2008 07:33AM
People can now see all tags by visiting (at least 2 images must be tagged by a tag word for it to be displayed in this list) [plus613.net]
Posted by: woberto [x] - (121.91.15.---)
Date: September 25, 2008 09:00AM
Nice work DK, now you have two problems.
1) Unless an item is a pair such as BOOBS the it's tag should be singular such as BABE or DOG. Admin should regularly update this however you see fit.
2) You should allow display of items with a combination of tags. Multiple tags are common, and not just from the people who didn't read your instructions and put a space between words.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/09/2008 09:01AM by woberto.
Posted by: Placelowerplace [x] - (Moderator)
Date: September 25, 2008 05:00PM
there was instructions????!!!
Date: September 25, 2008 11:19PM
Yes if you mouse over that little ? next to the bit where you enter in tags.......

As for combinations of tags it's impossible. If you enter in 2 words it inserts it as 2 separate entries. As for stripping the s off the end of tags again that's difficult as some words have s's on the end, so you'd need to create either a list of words that have s's on the end and don't strip those or have a human (the user!) not use s's unless they want it as the tag.

tags should be REALLY simple. If you have a pair of dogs the simpler tag is 'dog' as it does indeed contain a dog. If the picture contains a picture of george bush, the tag could either be 'georgebush' or just 'bush'.

I'm running over ideas in my head about how to enable removal of existing tags (added incorrectly or misspelt). stay tuned.
Posted by: woberto [x] - (121.91.54.---)
Date: September 26, 2008 12:35AM
I have been manually editing databases for years now because of this type of thing with fields like; purchase order, client reference, archive number etc. Some have spaces and some don't, some have dash-s or slash/s and it makes searching a pain in the ass. But for $1300 per day I guess I can be bored for a while. Tags are new to our industry, we call them key words. MySQL is friendly however and I have a afew scripts to fix common typos. My pet hate is "The" in a customer name or customer code. YeeaAHhscchhh!
Date: September 26, 2008 02:11AM
Ok users can now delete tags they have added themselves (for typos).
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: