Posted by: wsseoer [x] - (27.115.98.---)
Date: September 10, 2013 02:25AM
There is no denying that you only have one true home. It is not your house, apartment, condo or shack. It is this Earth and it is more valuable to you than you will ever realize. It provides you with food, air and shelter.

Would you really not do your part to keep your home clean and free of litter? Recycling is the easiest step you can take towards preserving your home and ensuring it is there for your children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

Global warming is a very real threat to the preservation of this planet. You have probably seen television ads focusing on new hybrid vehicles that can help save the environment by producing less toxic byproducts from the burning of fossil fuels. Does the burning of trash cross your mind as ways you can help save the environment.

Our landfills are becoming overflowing with hazardous waste and other products that are not biodegradable. Plastic water bottles, disposable diapers and styrofoam containers, to name a few, are all becoming huge problems in most areas of the world.

Recycling is pretty easy once you get everything sorted. Information on learning how to sort the materials is easily found on the internet and in pamphlets from the Environmental Protection Agency. You will need to sort out the recyclables into the appropriate bins and from there the recyclable materials are sent on their way to becoming something else for use. You can also utilize those food scraps and waste trimmings from the yard in a compost heap.

If every person did their part to help combat overflowing landfills, then we could reduce our waste by fifty percent. That is half the amount going into landfills today. Perhaps there will come a time when we no longer have to continuously find new places to bury our waste.

spam urls deleted

Plastics would be reused. Organic materials would be turned back into the soil to enrich the ground for crops. It is a lovely sentiment and thought but not enough people are doing their part to help make this a cleaner world.

Recycling is a huge responsibility that each and every person should take upon themselves to help keep our landfills free of recyclables that could be better used elsewhere. If you do not know how to recycle, then there are resources in many places to help you getting started. Your local sanitation program can give you information on learning how to recycle and you can find a plethora of information on the internet.
Posted by: Lexx [x] - (66.168.81.---)
Date: September 10, 2013 09:53PM
I can't believe people are still pushing this global warming nonsense like it's a proven fact.

The actual data shows the opposite is in effect, if anything we are actually slowing down a climate change towards another ice age. The earth is actually cooling

Let's not forget the fact that several scientists admitted they used false numbers to support the claims of global warming. False alarm

I wouldn't be surprised if you had something to gain by selling those products you linked to and this is really just spam.
Posted by: pulse [x] - (Moderator)
Date: September 11, 2013 09:04AM
Interesting. Normally I'd just nuke this straight up, a nice bit of spammage, but instead I've just removed the linked URLs.

Lexx raises an interesting viewpoint, and despite being spam so does.. sorta .. the original post.

What do people think? Global warming? People causing it? Global cooling? Ice ages? Recycling? Saving the naked mole rats?

I personally have no idea. It's obvious that the world's weather is changing, things are weirder now than ever before, and we seem to have more extremes. Yet every time I read an ice shelf has collapsed somewhere, I read another report saying the ice is getting bigger/thicker somewhere else. Obviously it's hard to know what to believe because I'm allergic to the cold (or leaving my comfy seat) so I'm not going to go there myself to check, but definitely 'something' is different.

I can't imagine humans are NOT having an impact on the world, but that said I also know that weather seems through history (10s and hundreds of thousands of years) to be cyclical - we've had greenhouse situations here before, we will again. Definitely there's more crap in the atmosphere, but I'm not entirely sure we're preventing an ice age rather than causing warming.
Posted by: Mrkim [x] - (184.20.81.---)
Date: September 11, 2013 03:08PM
There is so much data related to "climate change" that seems at best, tainted and agendized it's hard to accept their findings and clamorings as any different than the many other shrill campaigns flying around. Everything from sensor data placements in auspicious places, collected data being manipulated and the constant outcries from CC supporters about this or that impending catastrophe that never seem to ring true all points to an overall lack of believability for their case.

It would seem foolish to say man has no impact on our planet, as surely the actions of an ever growing population naturally has some sort of impact. Yet many climatologists are quick to point out that our planets weather is indeed cyclical and the impact we have made is almost negligible comparatively.

If you wanna glean where some real truth may lie in all this it's fairly simple to follow a common idea and "follow the money" to see who, if anyone stands to gain financially from forwarding CC theorems, selling carbon tax credits and peddling "green technology" items.

If you go about it from this standpoint I think you'll find there are many people, agencies, brokerage houses and manufacturers who certainly do stand to gain, and not only that, but gain quite substantially in foisting this agenda on others.

Could many, if not most of us, do a better job of conserving and recycling our resources? I would say the answer would most likely be yes to that query, to the benefit of all humanity, both living and those yet to be born.

For an interesting view on several of the above points as well as many others I'd highly recommend watching "Zeitgeist - Moving Forward" which uncovers many underlying principles on how we got to where we are today and reveals some common sense answers that would benefit everyone if they were embraced cool smiley
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (72.181.128.---)
Date: September 27, 2013 09:01PM
global warming is a fact, it's been happening since THE FUCKING ICE AGE!.
fuck all these peckerheaded agenda driven junior asswipe couch politicians!

that'll be all. (*finger*)
Posted by: woberto [x] - (121.44.32.---)
Date: September 28, 2013 05:54AM
Posted by: pulse [x] - (Moderator)
Date: September 28, 2013 05:56AM
I do. The split system we installed last year does a terrific job at climate adjustment
Your Name: 
Subject: