Posted by: pro_junior [x] - (71.59.203.---)
Date: September 04, 2007 03:26AM
I bought my first laptop computer today...
Any advice for security? And internet access?
I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling and want to be able to use it wherever I go...
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (76.185.251.---)
Date: September 04, 2007 03:50AM
take a real mouse witcha, that thumb mouse shit sucks!
Posted by: pro_junior [x] - (71.59.203.---)
Date: September 04, 2007 04:00AM
yeah I hate that shit too...bought a wireless optical mouse with the computer thumbs down
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (76.185.251.---)
Date: September 04, 2007 04:12AM
i had one, but it sucked down the AA's like freakin' candy. went back to the 'ole thumb roller ball. thumbs down
Posted by: Mrkim [x] - (71.96.147.---)
Date: September 04, 2007 11:51AM
Havin some pretty big ol monkey paws for hands I went to Fryes and did a "hands on" check of what was available when I bought the Logitec cordless "Track Man" track ball mouse I've been usin for goin on 5 yrs now. It's perfect for me and lets me rest my hand on it and roll through the E world with my index and middle fingers doin most of the movement. It lasts about 3-4 months on a pair of AAs and has a range of about 10 or so feet from the receiver thumbs down

I don't really know how common WiFi is at truck stops or other places you might travel through PJ but if it's available that's problee about as good as you'll be able to get net access to "on the go" dude. I dunno of any type of net service that's truly portable these days except through cell phones, but bein a desktop guy, I haven't really looked into it either, so ....

For security, it depends on your surfin habits and such as to what you would need to keep you safe from all the bad stuff that's out there. Bein a Linux user I don't use anything, but lots of knowledgeable MS users will tellya they don't use AV stuff either, so as usual YMMV grinning smiley

smoking smiley
Your Name: 
Subject: