Posted by: Tiw [x] - (82.37.82.---)
Date: February 06, 2005 02:14PM
Who do you think is the best choice out of the following parties and why?
Posted by: DiscoPants [x] - (82.37.82.---)
Date: February 06, 2005 05:12PM
I hate to be negative but I just can't help myself.

The only way to get anything changed in the "free world" is not to vote for anyone, this prospect scares them to death as it only a step away from anarchy, ie them losing power.

They are all the same, reduce tax here, put it up there, close one law, smeak another in etc.
The end result is always more tax and less service.

The only two parties that have enough people you would trust to run a country are Labour and Conservative, both these parties have had a fair chunk of power and a go at running the country while I have been alive.
As a result the government no longer looks after/supplies/controls :
roads, phones, gas supply, water supply, electricity supply, dentistry to a level that you would put yourself through, school meals, school transport, in fact any public transport of any kind etc etc etc. Yet we pay more and more money into the pot while your mother is not allowed to get better as it costs too much and she has the wrong postcode.

What do they do with it all? You decide, just stop them doing it by NOT voting.
Blair got in with less than 50% of the vote, then took us to war with less than 50% of his voters supporting him, the system has to change and this is the only way.

Already they have have tried to lower the age of voters to 16, I can almost smell the mess in their trousers as they realise nobody is listening any more, lol.

We need to stop saying you can not moan, you did not vote and start saying I can't be blamed, I didn't vote for them.

Rant over smiling smiley Please, think it through.
Posted by: Bob [x] - (82.37.82.---)
Date: February 06, 2005 06:24PM
You never put Green party. Only party I have ever voted for. With labour becoming almost identical to the Tories I won't ever vote for either of them. UKIP and Veritas are, always were and always will be a joke. And the Lib Dems aren't much of a difference. I will be voting green!
Date: February 06, 2005 08:03PM
I forgot about the Greens but then again I would not have had enough space unless I clumped UKIP and Veritas into a single option.
Posted by: Labour_Party_Member [x] - (82.37.82.---)
Date: February 06, 2005 10:26PM
Are we forgetting the years of oppression suffered by this country under the yeas of practical Tory dictatorship? It was the Tories who decided to privatise our most important services yet the hassle and costs required to switch back would only delay the government from placing more or its focus on far more important issues such as ACTUALLY RUNNING THE COUNTRY!The first line of action for any governing body is defence, the UK to this day had not been disgraced and only defeated on one occasion in battle.
Under Labour the country can take this fight abroad to protect and preserve democracy from the axis of evil.
Under Labour the country has the lowest unemployment figures ever seen and possibly in the free world, how then can we complain when food is still on the table each day?It is easy to critise lack of funds on being underpaid yet inflation is low and it is lifestyles which become more expensive and finance driven!
Lower taxes?How in god's name is labour going to cut back on something not one other party can find a better way around.Yes we would all like taxes to be eradicated but then we have to accept a society minus emergency ambulances, police or firefighters.
Immigration...you try telling the EU that many of our urban communities are almost twice as populated by foreign nationals in some areas than UK born residents. I'd like to see any party which pulled Britain out of the EU survive, we may not like them but its rules are part and parcel of membership, not a labour directive.
There are many other issues i could go into. Do not get me wrong, i although a loyal Blairite do not have a whiter than white, butter couldn't melt approach to UK politics. I know many of our politicians lie and cheat, scandalise and manipulate to get what they want. It is not a "Labour are perfect and everyone else isn't!" attitude i am tryin to project, it is an attitude that we should ease the pressure off a government daily slandered by the press (whom i add are at least 10X worse than the government for lies and scandel yet how many times do we quote them to friends as fact?)and instead are working with the system they are given better than anyone else has coped before.
Date: February 06, 2005 10:34PM
Are we forgetting the years of oppression suffered by this country under the yeas of practical Tory dictatorship? It was the Tories who decided to privatise our most important services yet the hassle and costs required to switch back would only delay the government from placing more or its focus on far more important issues such as ACTUALLY RUNNING THE COUNTRY!The first line of action for any governing body is defence, the UK to this day had not been disgraced and only defeated on one occasion in battle.
Under Labour the country can take this fight abroad to protect and preserve democracy from the axis of evil.
Under Labour the country has the lowest unemployment figures ever seen and possibly in the free world, how then can we complain when food is still on the table each day?It is easy to critise lack of funds on being underpaid yet inflation is low and it is lifestyles which become more expensive and finance driven!
Lower taxes?How in god's name is labour going to cut back on something not one other party can find a better way around.Yes we would all like taxes to be eradicated but then we have to accept a society minus emergency ambulances, police or firefighters.
Immigration...you try telling the EU that many of our urban communities are almost twice as populated by foreign nationals in some areas than UK born residents. I'd like to see any party which pulled Britain out of the EU survive, we may not like them but its rules are part and parcel of membership, not a labour directive.
There are many other issues i could go into. Do not get me wrong, i although a loyal Blairite do not have a whiter than white, butter couldn't melt approach to UK politics. I know many of our politicians lie and cheat, scandalise and manipulate to get what they want. It is not a "Labour are perfect and everyone else isn't!" attitude i am tryin to project, it is an attitude that we should ease the pressure off a government daily slandered by the press (whom i add are at least 10X worse than the government for lies and scandel yet how many times do we quote them to friends as fact?)and instead are working with the system they are given better than anyone else has coped before.
Posted by: bass [x] - (82.37.82.---)
Date: February 07, 2005 02:10AM
you guys are fucking losers. get a fucking life you punk ass bitches. id kick all your asses
Posted by: DiscoPants [x] - (82.37.82.---)
Date: February 07, 2005 03:17AM
yeah?!

well, I might enjoy that, you kinky little minx...
Date: February 07, 2005 11:39PM
And its because of low intellect individuals like you that world politics are in such a mess!It's people like you that challenge how good the idea of universal suffrage actually is!
Posted by: Anonymous [x] - (82.37.82.---)
Date: February 08, 2005 04:28PM
It's because of the Labour party that no-one gives a shit about politics anymore. As soon as you stopped suporting the working class and turned into a middle class party Labour became nothing better than Blairs pet party. The only dissaponting this is we have a two party system and both parties are the same FUCK BLAIR
Date: February 08, 2005 10:07PM
Well Blair's done far more for Britain than any other PM in the 20th Century and helped to combat the axis of evil.Thank god at least he's got the guts to take on a fight most people shirk from!
Date: February 08, 2005 10:24PM
He is nothing but a yes man to the Americans and Europe. I would almost suggest he has a shrine in number 10 where he worships idols of other head's of state. He is a waste of space.
Posted by: Speacenik [x] - (82.37.82.---)
Date: February 28, 2005 10:16PM
It would be near to impossible to forget the practical dictatorship imposed upon the UK during the Thatcher and Major governments. Yet, Tony Blair has done less to improve the conditions of the working-class in Britain than John Major did. This is a fact virtually indigestable for those bred in the pro-Labour homes of 1980's.
Worse still, rather than following the morals of Harold Wilson and Aneurin Bevan who stood with the majority, Blair has managed to privatise the National Healthcare system more efficiently than Thatcher could have dreamt. New Labour has maintained the anti-union laws Thatcher imposed to cripple our once militant unions.
The national 'audit of socail justice' conducted by the Institute for Public Policy Research and commissioned by New Labour shows their is a wider difference between rich and poor than under Thatcher. This is in no way vindicates the Conservatives, it just discredits New Labour.
If anyone tried looking at Labour's history they'd know how to cut back on taxes. The same way Wilson did. If you taxed those earning over 100,000 pounds by 50p extra then it would pay for decent pension wage.
I see the advantages in anarchism, I used to be anarchist. Yet, now there is Respect, a coalition borne out of frustrations against the war and the socail injustices existent within today's society. There is only one vote I would ever make, and that's RESPECT.
Date: February 28, 2005 10:38PM
I don't live in the UK but an interesting point to ponder/who is running? how did they get to that level? think the rothchilds infulenced any part of the election process? how about the bilderburgers,illuminiti? trilateral commision? In the U.S.A our choice Bush & Kerry/both members of a secret organization(skull & bones) now if you want to figure the population of the U.S.A tell me what are the odds of it taking place? now go to the google search engine type in who is the antichrist then go figure.just who pulls the strings? lot of unanswered questions HuH!
Posted by: John_Bull [x] - (82.37.82.---)
Date: February 28, 2005 10:44PM
Apathy will doubtless rule once more, so Blair will be re-elected by the tiny minority who bother to vote, then he'll make himself immovable and finish selling us down the river in Europe. We could do with a revolution.
Date: February 28, 2005 11:15PM
think things are bad in merry olde england go to this website take a alternative view at event in America home of the free.[www.politicalsoundoff.com] this site is fairly new. I wonder how long before it's shut down?
Date: March 01, 2005 04:37PM
I agree that we will probably be forced into Europe because those in charge of such an organisation and who decide for us are corrupt and should be tried for treason. I am not against the European countries themselves, just the organisation. We should all be able to govern ourselves but work towards a common goal.
Posted by: Speacenik [x] - (82.37.82.---)
Date: March 17, 2005 08:14AM
We could certainly do with a revolution but the conditions are not yet ripe for one. We must do our best to reform the system for the time being.
I do not agree with an independent UK, rather I think it should be part of the European Union since that is the only way to build a bipolar power block that could lessen America's power.
Date: March 18, 2005 10:07AM
You've been brainwashed, Speacenik. The EU exists only for the benefit of France and Germany, who consistently get away with breaking the rules that don't suit them at the time. It's aim is to dismantle the UK and we'll have no voice in any 'power bloc'. If we give in to this pressure, we'll have wasted all that effort put into saying "No" to Herr Hitler
Date: March 21, 2005 09:27PM
Take a look at this site and see for yourself that what we are told about the reasons we should join the EU are lies and not for our benefit.

[www.globalbritain.org]

He is not the only man I have read to say these things either, it is up to the Government to prove him wrong and blow his argument out of the water (if they can - but they will not be able to use their usual tactics as they need to tell the truth this time).
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: