Posted by: Joe49 [x] - (69.4.229.---)
Date: January 27, 2005 09:46PM
this message was emailed to me by a DR. who I will not name a friend of his sent him a letter from a ship he is on which was rerouted to south Korea,his name is tony.these are some excerpts from the letter.monday 1-17-2005 the Sri Lankian gov't wants $2.50 per ton of cargo to sit in port per day(this averages out to about $65,000 per ship per day)they want the U.S.A to pay to help them. 5 ships have left and will not be assisting in the relief efforts. 2 remaining ships with water have not been allowed to pump water to help the victom's because waivers have not been issued.cargo is also sitting at airports because the Sri Lankian gov't want's custom fee's first.go figure.so much for third world relief efforts anyone supprised?
Posted by: GAK67 [x] - (69.4.229.---)
Date: January 27, 2005 10:00PM
I am from New Zealand and our Air Force has a Hercules air craft flying supplies into Bander Aceh and disposessed people out (relocating them to Jakarta). There was an item on our TV news last night that the local Indonesian authorities are accepting bribes to allow people onto the plane who don't really need it, while others who do are missing out.
Posted by: pulse [x] - (69.4.229.---)
Date: January 27, 2005 10:52PM
There were numerous stories on the news weeks ago that people were going to Thailand supposedly to holiday/help after the disaster, however with the police busy with other things, they were free to prey on the children with little fear of being caught, etc.

There's nothing quite like a disaster to bring out both the best, and the worst in people.
Posted by: geezer [x] - (69.4.229.---)
Date: January 28, 2005 03:23AM
How odd. They want the horrible U.S. to pay for it. I didn't notice any other countries listed for payment of cargo. God, we are just a terrible country.
Posted by: DevilDog [x] - (69.4.229.---)
Date: January 28, 2005 03:29AM
That makes sense they want us to pay them first so we can give them some aid. Ohh the US is the bad guy though because we probably will not pay them enough to except our aid.
Date: January 28, 2005 03:48PM
want to know who gave what? $104,000 in donations from Egypt,Saudi Arabia & Kuwait(the 2 richest countries in the world) gave 10 million each. Pfizer(an American Drug Co) donated 10 million in cash & 25 million in drugs.so far none of the hollywood liberals have given anything,bono & bruce springstein have offered concerts to raise money,but gave none of their personal wealth.sandra bullock gave 1 million but she is middle of the road,neither liberal or right wing.
Posted by: Anonymous [x] - (69.4.229.---)
Date: January 28, 2005 08:54PM
I thought us Americans are pieces of shit to the rest of the world.
Posted by: jop [x] - (69.4.229.---)
Date: January 29, 2005 01:42AM
Fucking Americans. Get off your high horse. USA has donated $350m USD, of which $324m USD was donated by the people. Your government has offered a whopping $26m in aid. Compare it to Australia - 6% of your population, we have donated $815m USD, of which $106m was donated by the people.

So 6% of your population, 32% of the amount of donations by people
Or 6% of your population, TWENTY SEVEN TIMES the donation by the government

Fuck off with your superiority. Or how about Germany with $660m USD? Or the EU with $529m USD? Or Japan with $500m USD? You people are not the be all and end all of the world!

From [edition.cnn.com]
LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Following is a list of monetary contributions pledged by governments and the World Bank to help Indian Ocean nations hit by the December 26 earthquake and tsunami, compiled from reports by Reuters bureaus and U.N. agencies. (Private donations are in parentheses where available)

(in millions of U.S. dollars)

ADB 675.00

African Union 0.10

Algeria 2.00

Australia 815.00 (106.00)

Austria 10.88 (24.48)

Bahrain 2.00

Belgium 16.32

Britain 96.00 (187.00)

Bulgaria 0.14

Canada 80.00 (76.00)

China 83.00

Croatia 0.69 (0.148)

Cyprus 0.37

Czech Republic 0.69 (5.50)

Denmark 76.83 (23.13)

EU 529.30

Finland 66.16 (22.42)

France 64.57 (49.00)

Germany 660 (333.00)

Greece 1.34 (22.50)

Hungary 1.20

India 25.00

Ireland 13.62 (21.20)

Italy 95.00

Japan 500.00

Kuwait 10.00

Libya 2.00

Luxembourg 6.80

Mali 0.20

Netherlands 34.00 (148.20)

New Zealand 3.60

Niger 0.25

North Korea 0.15

Norway 181.90 (61.00)

Poland 1.00 (1.30)

Portugal 10.59 (4.63)

Qatar 25.00

Saudi Arabia 30.00 (101.13)

Senegal 0.20

Singapore 23.10

Slovakia 0.23

Slovenia 0.24 (0.70)

South Korea 50.00

Spain 68.02

Sweden 80.00

Switzerland 23.81 (97.10)

Taiwan 50.25

Turkey 1.25

UAE 20.00

USA 350.00 (324.00)

Venezuela 2.00

World Bank 250.00

Total: 5,031.00 (1608.438)
Posted by: geezer [x] - (69.4.229.---)
Date: January 29, 2005 03:21AM
Wow!!!Aussies are rich....or at least they were.
Posted by: Bob [x] - (69.4.229.---)
Date: January 29, 2005 11:46AM
we already knew the americans dont like spending money on helping the poor. they much rather spend several billion dollars devolping lovely new biological and atomic weapons which is just what the world needs more of.
Date: January 29, 2005 02:57PM
jop &bob least you forget all the Americans really owe the muslim world is the bomb/picture the situation in reverse/can you Imagine all the help America would receive from the muslim world?/remember bill clinton helping the muslims in bosnia?/help a muslim and he will help you by cutting off your head,the only good muslim is a dead muslim.no one enters unto the kingdom of heaven except thru our LORD & SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST an those who think otherwise are only fooling themselves,so go ahead & make fools of yourself.weither I repent and go to heaven doesn't take away from the fact that JESUS is the only hope for mankind.
Date: January 29, 2005 03:26PM
Right, well/first/perhaps/you/might/learn/to/type.

Now I've got that part over with, let me just say you are a tiny little insignificant arrogant cocksucker. I thought Christians were meant to love everybody, treat them with respect and forgive all? "The only good muslim is a dead muslim".

Unfortunately, your own God dictates that you'll burn in hell. Where you belong.

Bye.
Date: January 30, 2005 04:31AM
jop you sound like an angry Aussie as well. I do not agree with Joe49 on the whole "The only good Muslim is a dead Muslim". But I do know from experience that the US has and is giving aid all over the world. Your little list of money for the Tsunami victims only shows what we are currently giving there. Our government has stated that there will be more and we are also giving aid to other countries as well. Joe49 does have a point what exactly has the Muslim world done for us or even the Aussies for the matter. Not that we need a reason to help people and those people are in need. I just think its retarded for them to charge anybody storage fees for the aid that is being given to them.

BTW last time I was down under I had fried Kangaroo, some kind of shark, crocodile and they all tasted the same do you know if that crap was for real?
Date: January 30, 2005 05:45AM
I'm not angry at all, but cunts like that REALLY rub me up the wrong way. What have they done? Does it matter? Okay, there's a few bad Muslims out there, but then the arrogant cocksucker Americans such as Joe49 don't make up the majority of the population either. Just because they're Muslims, doesn't mean they hate you - no matter what your government is trying to tell you.

The simple fact is the *VAST* majority of them are not against you nor I, they are just trying to make it day by day. They've seen hardship and horror the likes that hopefully you and I will never understand, and deserve support.

Yes, it's fucked that ONE government is trying to levy customs charges on aid, however that's not the fault of the people. They're innocent, just like those in the WTC.

As for kangaroo/shark/crocodile, I wouldn't have a clue, I've never eaten it. That's something tourists do.
Date: January 30, 2005 06:59AM
jop Well for one thing you still sound like an angry Aussie. For instance "cunts", "arrogant cocksucker Americans" and "That's something tourists do" all sound a little angry and arrogant to me.

I was only in your country because I was deployed as a Marine and one of the liberty stops happened to be there, so I guess you can say I was a tourist.

I have also been to many Muslim countries and I agree that the majority of the people where very friendly. But alot of these hardships are brought on by their own people and governments. Alot of the libral women around here think they have it bad but they would kill themselves if they had to live in alot of those muslim countries. Well how many of these Muslim and Arab countries have you been to?

I do not see where you get "no matter what your government is trying to tell you" either. Have you been here, probably not.

I never stated that there was more than ONE government trying to levy customs charges on aid. I just said that I thought it was retarded.

You need to take a deep breath and relax a minute and remember you will get a lot more with honey than you will with vinegar.

Date: January 30, 2005 07:41AM
"That's something tourists do" is a fact. I don't believe I know a single Australian who has eaten such meals. In fact, I don't know of a single restaurant that serves them, outside of tourist districts such as Bondi. I mean nothing negative by it. As for "cunts" and "arrogant cocksucker Americans", I'm not going to beat about the bush here. I was referring exclusively to Joe49. I cannot stand fundamentalist (particularly American) Christians who feel the need to force their shit and beliefs in my face. It's as simple as that.

To that end, such people are no better than those who they are attacking. "The only good muslim is a dead muslim" is *NO* different to saying "praise allah, we will kill the infidels". It's all religion, and it's all bullshit.

Yes, I have spent much time in America. My ex-fiancee was American, so trust me, I've spent a LOT of time in America both pre and post 9/11 and I've witnessed the change in the people I knew, and the media's perception of world events. I've also spent a great deal of time travelling the world, from 4 years in Europe to travelling through the middle east and asia.

You seem to be reading more into my responses than is intended. I bear you no ill will. I never said you claimed there was more than one government imposing such levies, nor did I disagree that it was ridiculous.

My entire point was against Joe49, who from his post above has showed himself to be, as I said, a cunt. The amusing thing is he is spouting things like "the only way into heaven is through JESUS" and spouting off about killing Muslims - he just doesn't realise how SIMILAR he is to those people he hates.

My 2 cents.
Date: January 30, 2005 07:58AM
Point taken.
Date: January 30, 2005 08:05AM
BTW I don’t care for joe49's comments anymore than you do. I would just rather "talk" to someone with some Intellect.
Date: January 30, 2005 03:46PM
sounds like yor ex-fiancee was smart to dump your ass jop. least any of you forget what GOD and his som JESUS CHRIST have planned for the muslim,hindu,buddhist & all other religions & atheist who do no believe and worship him.personaly I could care less what you think of me.
Posted by: Kevin [x] - (69.4.229.---)
Date: January 31, 2005 02:04AM
Judging by the numbers the hearts of the American people are in the right place. Too bad our leaders don't share our perspective.
Date: January 31, 2005 05:14AM
Joe49 your are a nut! Probably insane and very lonely. I know that you will probably say that your always with God so your not alone. But Joe you are alone no one really likes you. You just go to church to try to fit in somewhere. But the people really dont like your insane ass, their just nice and probably afraid of your because your a nut case.

Later!
Posted by: GAK67 [x] - (69.4.229.---)
Date: January 31, 2005 10:10PM
Joe49, stop giving Christians a bad name. I am a born again Christian and proud of it. While I agree with you that only believers will make it to heaven, we should not be condemning others to their fate, rather trying to show them the true way. That way is not the hate you are showing in your posts here. As other have pointed out, the Christian message is one of love and understanding. As it has been said many times before, hate the sin, but love the sinner. Get off your high horse and examine your own life. Look up these verses:
Matt 5:21&22
Matt 5:43&44
Luke 6:27
Date: February 10, 2005 03:29AM
the bible would seam to be one of the most violent books ever written.only by grace will anyone be saved not thru works and only thru JESUS CHRIST/gak67 no homosexual will enter into the kingdom of GOD/I believe you can find these verses in the book of roman/so don't post garbage/wouldn't want for you to be a hypocrite,would we?
Date: February 10, 2005 03:53AM
It would seam very unlikely that the majority of people posting on this website(unless they are willing to repent,myself included)will make it into Heaven.You might not like me for speaking my peace but I don't pretend,I'LL tell you straight up the way I feel.I didn't just wake up one day and say I will start to hate someone today.I suppose us Americans should sit back and watch our relatives & loved ones slaughtered and thank the ones for doing the killing.ask any american service man's family what they think of the people who killed there son or daughter.the american's went over to help stop the slaughter of muslim people and to try to help them have freedom.wonder what a muslim living in america would say if asked why did they come to america?
Posted by: gak67 [x] - (69.4.229.---)
Date: February 12, 2005 10:29AM
Joe49, I do agree that the families of those who died in 9/11 or any other terrorist attacks, and the families of soldiers who have died in Iraq (remember that although the majority are American, there are other nationalities represented too) have the righ to hate the people who killed their family member. There are two points to raise with that though. 1) It is wrong to generalise the hatred of the individual people responsible to all muslims. 2) The families of the innocent Iraqis classed as collateral damage have the same right against the soldiers (and their commanders) who pushed the button that fired the missile that killed them. They should not hate all Americans or westerners because of it though.

Reggie (225172), that is the second time you have inferred I am gay. Like with so many of your other posts on this website you are simply wrong.
Date: February 12, 2005 12:23PM
Bush's proposed U.S. aid to Indonesia: 950 Million. Typical Texan, never one to be outdone.
Your Name: 
Subject: