How to stop suicide bombers

Posted by: ganjaking [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: January 23, 2005 12:16AM
stop giving suicide bombers a reason to be a suicide bomber . Take down the wall in israel .. etc
Posted by: Kevin [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: January 24, 2005 02:55AM
I don't think there is a way to stop suicide bombings.

It sucks, without a doubt.

Ooooh wait... maybe we should give all of the extremist assholes from every country in the world... an island. Once we had them all there they could blow the shit out of eachother and the rest of the normal people on the planet could live a peaceful life.

What do you think of that? Not very feasible, but it would be a swell way to get rid of the idiots.
Posted by: GAK67 [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: January 24, 2005 03:04AM
Great idea Kevin, until you think of the politics of deciding who gets put on the island and who doesn't. Plus you hit the problem of justice with people being judged and executed before they have even committed a crime.
Date: January 24, 2005 03:05AM
I know, it was just a fantasy. Can I be the judge?
Date: January 24, 2005 03:50AM
It is a case of the spherical cow.
Posted by: Tiw [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: January 24, 2005 04:52AM
Removing the wall will not stopt them, they were murdering innocents even before the wall was built. They would only stop if Israel as a country ceased to exist. They say they want Palestine to become a country of it's own but once they get that they will want it to be bigger and bigger, etc until it replaces Israel. You can never give them what they want because they will always want more and more.
Posted by: mkcerusky [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: January 24, 2005 07:22AM
Tiw couldn't the same be said for Israel?
Date: January 24, 2005 07:28PM
Kevin, yes you can be the judge, as long as you agree with me.
Date: January 24, 2005 07:34PM
mkcerusky, the difference with Israel is that, apart from the 6 day war of 1967 when Israel was attacked, they have not wanted or taken any more land than they were given when first set up as a nation, so no the same cannot be said for Israel.
Posted by: ganjaking [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: January 25, 2005 12:57AM
If you all dont know this but things over in Israel are not as bad as you may think, ( I know this first hand meeting a student from israel) he said to me that it is very safe beside during very holy islamic times Ramaadan,Eid al-Adha etc..., Jews and
Arabs coincide peacefully most of the time. It is the extremist that are the problem. Much like the arrogant mostly baptist christian extremist, Most believe only the " born again " go to heaven, Some even believe in white supremacy. Well the point I am trying to make is somethings will never change. Always Islamic extremist = always someone ready to die for Allah
Date: January 25, 2005 02:18AM
There is a difference, ganjaking, between beleiving something and being prepared to kill others because of that beleif. I know this is not restricted to muslims, you only need to look at the anti-abortionist extremists to know that, but as you put it, it is the extremists that are the problem. I am a christian and I beleive that only the born again go to heaven, but I am not an extremist and certainly don't beleive in white supremacy.

I beleive that some of the conflicts in the world will take generations to die out, as it has taken generations to develop. The Israeli-Arab one is a prime example, but others include the protestant-catholic Irish conflict, the India-Pakistan standoff, and I think the US-Muslim current situation is heading that way.
Date: January 25, 2005 02:23AM
Posted by: woberto [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: January 25, 2005 03:16AM
Most movements that recruit suicide bombers actually believe they have to retaliate for specific events. An eye for any eye is a stoneage mentality but it is very hard to erradicate. Who committed the "first" wrong? We will never know. History is very vague about such things, just examine any border dispute in the world and try to argue who is right and who is wrong.
Posted by: Anonymous [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: January 25, 2005 03:26PM
one only has to visit some of the many muslim wesites to know what the problem is and why there will be no pease till the Lord returns.It's a no brainer(as muslims have no brains,incase you can't figure it out)
Date: January 25, 2005 03:27PM
mistyped was supposed to be websites/thankyou
Date: January 25, 2005 03:28PM
I believe differently than you with regards to religious extremism. I think it is a good thing. If someone is truly extreme in their religion (I am not including cultists here by the way) then you will be extreme in how you treat everyone, their faith will be irrelevant. It will mean the extremist shows an increase of love, compassion, kindness, etc which can only make the world a better place. I do not believe the kind of people who are commonly called religios extremists are religious at all if you count the Muslim terrorists, militant born-agains, etc because they are just hiding behind religion for safety because they are cowardly, evil and weak.
Date: January 25, 2005 03:30PM
shit did it again was supposed to have been peace/I need to quit typing to fast right?
Date: January 25, 2005 03:37PM
I have decent typing speed but I lack accuracy as well at times winking smiley
Date: January 25, 2005 08:20PM
Tiw,

Perhaps instead of saying "religious extremists", we should all rephrase as "murdering religious extremists." I don't think anybody was referring to devout christians, muslims, insert your religion here. I think everybody was referring to the religious extremists who resort to violence.

Best Regards

Date: January 25, 2005 08:51PM
Tiw, you are scaring me. I actually agree with what you have said. Religion has been used as an excuse for violence for far too long. It does not matter what religion you are talking about, somebody, somewhere at sometime will have used it as an excuse to kill somebody else. That does not mean religion is wrong, it just means religion can be easily used as a scapegoat.

Most of the worlds major religions preach love and understanding and if the beleiovers in those faiths got radical about those aspects of their religion what a different world this would be.

To 22977, it is that sort of attitude and insulting generalisation ("muslims have no brains"winking smiley that just fuels the debate. I know of many muslims who are intelligent, probably more so than most westerners. I think it is wrong to even say that terrorists are unintelligent. Deluded yes, brainless no. It took a lot of organisation and thought to plan 9/11, and Bin Laden has evaded all attempts at capture since. He is therefore no dumbass. He is, however, wrong in thinking that his actions have acheived any sort of victory over the US or other parts of the western world.
Date: January 25, 2005 09:24PM
suicide bombers are pussies
Date: January 25, 2005 09:34PM
No, I think you are wrong there, I have never seen 'nor heard of' a cat strapping a bomb to himself and trying to blow otherliving beings up. The only ones ho do that are people who value life as being worthless than the dirt they tread underfoot every day.
Date: January 25, 2005 10:43PM
I do kind of agree with 16875. Suicide bombers would rather take out mostly innocent victims with them than stand up and be counted for what they beleive in. Also, if they are religiously motivated, they have been brainwashed into beleiving that their actions will somehow save them, whereas, if they truly studied their faith they would most likely see that it advocates compassion, understanding and goodwill as most religions do.
Date: January 26, 2005 05:00PM
I have a great Idea/let's bring all the American soldiers home/let all other countries do like wise/let's start the liberals to Iraq program/I think they have a Golden opportunity to get to know about the muslim community one a one on one basis/when they get to know them they can come back home an Inlighten the rest of us dumb right wing Americans/micheal moore can lead and film the mass effort.GAK67 you can be included in the glory.
Posted by: cereal_killa [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: January 26, 2005 05:55PM
Or maybe 22522,

You could stop bombing and torturing them. Funny thing, it seems that invading armies, "precision" bombing, kicking in doors and torturing citizens tends to piss them off. Who knew?
Date: January 26, 2005 09:07PM
22522, do you really think that the majority of Iraqi's are extremist teorrists? I think that most of them are happy that Saddam is gone, want to be able to get involved in selecting the next government and want to get on with their lives.

I am not advocating a troop pull out of Irag. I did not agree with the invasion, but now that it has taken place, the military needs to help the country rebuild, both physically and politically. My personal opinion, is that in the current situation, the UN should also be sending in some of their troops to help make the place safer for the up coming elections, and then helping the new government, who ever that will be, to maintain some semblance of order. Pretty much as has happened in Afghanastan since the fall of the Taliban.

That however does not change my point that terrorists are too scared to fight in a traditional manner, they would rather target 'soft' targets, and that they are using their religion as an excuse.
Date: January 26, 2005 10:05PM
Anonymous@22522:

Not a bad idea... but wait... Liberals didn't start the War in Iraq did they. I guess conservatives are just used to liberals cleaning up their mess.

Your suggestion is foolish.
Posted by: YouWantMyUserName [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: January 27, 2005 04:19AM
I bet there aren't many rabid Bush supporters out there that wouldn't take to the streets guns blazin in both hands if someone came and invaded our country and blew up people we knew in our neighborhoods. I don't care if it was because the party in power was out of control, killing people that opposed them and supressing the masses. We would still fight them and fight them to the death (Didn't mean to imply I was a Bush supporter god no). Just want to make the point that there are a ton more insurgents than original terrorists in Iraq just as there would be if the roles were reversed.

Flame On
Posted by: a_Texan [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: January 27, 2005 05:10AM
Who cares what the rest of the world thinks about how we safeguard and deal with protecting the best interests of the united states? It’s black or white your either with us or against us the choice is yours.

As far as dealing with terrorists we need to fight terrorism with terrorism a well place chemical weapon during the Hajj Mecca pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia would give a nice wake up call along with some middle of the night disappearances of their outspoken Muslim clerics as a good start then if that doesn’t get their undivided attention we need to step it up a bit and hit them up side the head a bit harder till they fully understand that we are not going to take it anymore.

The only way these people will ever understand anything is by brute force. If they want to continue living in the 10th century that’s fine with me just leave the United States and the rest of the western world alone.
Posted by: Black_Trans_Am [x] - (209.29.86.---)
Date: January 27, 2005 05:51AM
Gee a-Texan, I thought we were supposed to be the "civilized" ones. I can't imagine why they hate and resist us. WWJD?
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: