A Short Note to Republican

Posted by: BlahX3 [x] - (96.39.185.---)
Date: September 28, 2013 01:46AM
My point is that you don't really talk about or discuss politics here, you insult people who you believe don't agree with your views and your statements about politicians you don't like consist mostly of insulting them somehow. Now that in and of itself doesn't necessarily bother me but you made the statement about shit slinging in political discussions here and it seemed ironic if not somewhat hypocritical.
Posted by: Mrkim [x] - (184.20.81.---)
Date: September 28, 2013 12:37PM
Hmmm, let me submit to you that that is just one perception of reality, tainted by your own view of it. This doesn't make it any less valid, at least not within your head, yet it's still just one perception of what's occurring among many different possibilities.

Honest debate never consists of name calling, personal attacks, nor emotion based reasoning and once any of the above are entered into by a party to said debate that party essentially cedes the debate to their opponent. Any and all things that follow that point in such discussions devolve into something else as the concepts of reasoned debate have been breached, making further debate impossible.

I'll stand by my earlier statement that I never start the shit slinging when involved in a debate and would welcome any and all examples you would care to drag up from various convos here that might validate your claims to the contrary. Just saying that's what happens does not make it a reality, as reality lies within the realm of provability spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Date: September 28, 2013 03:30PM
I do not recall seeing you engaged in "honest debate" here then.

The subjective reality perception argument can be applied to anything.
Date: September 28, 2013 05:16PM
Yet again, the infamous blah never fails to disappoint.

Odd that you can find dupe pic posts from years back at the drop of a hat, yet seem stymied to bring forth even one instance from the myriad of discussions here to support your claim totally lost

As I mentioned previously, you own your statements, so either prove them out or pour yourself a nice cup of STFU smoking smiley
Date: September 28, 2013 07:33PM
No need to, you are doing a good job of proving it for me as we speak.
Posted by: quasi [x] - (184.240.106.---)
Date: September 28, 2013 09:58PM
Don't forget to say "poopyhead." That always adds to any debate.
Date: September 28, 2013 11:51PM
The only thing being proven blah, is that your statements are factually insupportable (*facepalm*)
Date: September 29, 2013 01:14AM
I don't think we are speaking the same language.
Date: October 02, 2013 04:42AM
Here's an open question : What impact will the recent impasse in congress have in the long term, and, will it be a positive or negative overall?
Posted by: alterego [x] - (121.44.83.---)
Date: October 02, 2013 12:17PM
Grover Norquist wrote;
This "gridlock" or "stalemate" or "partisan bickering" did not start this week. The president came into office in January 2009 with a super majority Democrat control in the House and Senate. He could pass any bill he wanted -- stimulus spending, banking regulation, Obamacare, taxes -- with just Democrat votes. He didn't have to talk to or meet with or be civil to Republicans. And he chose to pass on that opportunity.

The Democrat Senate run by Nevada's Harry Reid decided not to actually write or pass a budget in the years 2010, 2011, and 2012. Perhaps to avoid having vulnerable Democrats have to vote for a level of government spending that might be unhelpful in getting reelected. When the Republicans captured the House in 2010 they passed the Ryan budget in 2011 and 2012 that reforms welfare, entitlements and outlines tax reform.

In normal times the Republican House and Democrat Senate would meet in conference committees and hash out each budget. But that has not happened under Obama. There has been no compromising or negotiations or even civility. One of the president's key staffers in charge of White House/Congressional relations recently sat next to Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp and embarrassingly did not know who he was.

Obama is only forced to work with or talk to House Republicans in one of two situations. First, when he wants to increase the debt ceiling because he has spent up to the legal debt ceiling. Second, to negotiate over and/or sign the budget. But since the Democrat Senate doesn't do budgets the president, House, and Senate only meet with each other when a Continuing Resolution is passed to keep spending on auto-pilot.

This is one of the last times the president will sit with or talk to House and Senate Republicans during his second term. Republicans who wish to delay Obamacare or reduce taxes have only these two windows of opportunity: the debt ceiling and the continuing resolution.

So everyone puts their hopes and fantasies in the possibility that their favorite measure might be attached to the "must pass" legislation of a debt ceiling or CR. Ted Cruz, the freshman Republican from Texas, told everyone he would make the Senate vote to repeal/defund Obamacare. He was not able to do that. Obama said he would close down the government if the Republicans didn't spend more money and break the sequester spending limits that Obama agreed to in August 2011. It is unlikely the Republicans would sacrifice their most significant legislative victory at the altar of more spending.

So the last train is leaving the station, the last plane is leaving Casablanca, the door in Sartre's "No Exit" is soon to close and both teams would like to win something big without sacrificing their crown jewel.

What will happen?

You are free to make any prediction you wish.
Date: October 05, 2013 05:49PM
I think this should have been started as a new topic. It might get more attention that way.
Date: October 11, 2013 02:40AM
"This here mass suicide is the best goddamned thing ever happened to this country." - Farmer Yassir
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (72.181.142.---)
Date: October 19, 2013 01:26AM
i had, and may still have, a Ross for boss t-shirt. thumbs down
Your Name: 
Subject: