Posted by: mkcerusky [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: March 08, 2005 11:54AM
Hello people, in order to clarify some issues raised in recent discussion associated to some images that I published, I would like to publish the tranlsations of the official report of our "Ministro degli Esteri" and vice-Prime Minister G. Fini, that is the official italian version. Maybe someone else can find the true official american version and we can compare them?
Please consider that what follows is a translation done by me, but I am sure you will find soon translations also in some english speaking newspaper.

Version of G. Fini (just some key excerpt, btw):

Calipari had the "badge for free moving" and had activated "all the necessary contacts with the american authorities concerning the safety of the airport". This happened on the 4 of Marhc between 16,30 and 17,10

The car fo Calipari and Sgrena was going at the speed of 40kmh (more or less 25Mh I huess) and the lights were on. Calipari telephoned Letta (a minister of the governament), telephoned Pollari (military authority) and telephoned the USA military authority (or commanders? I am not sure of the translation).

"No check-points were found on the way".

Calipari saved the life of Giuliana Sgrena, protecting her body with his own body.

Immediately after the shooting "two young american soldiers reached the second italian agent (the one driving the car) looking very sad (ita: "sconfortati"winking smiley and stating several times that they were sorry.

The shooting laste 10-20 seconds.

"We exclude that they attacked on pourpose Giuliana Sgrena. [...] it was an incident but clearity is needed. Italy asks the punishment of the responsible persons. We must ask for justice to be done".

The descritpion of the facts given by the italian governament, based also on what stated by the italian SISMI agent driving the car, "does not coincide perfectly with the description provided by USA".

When asked if Calipari had received the ok for going back to the airport, Fini answers: "Sure, he adviced that he was going back and received the OK".

"USA ensured the italian governament that they want to collaborate immediately"

Date: March 08, 2005 12:06PM
Oops, forgot to add a link to the source were I took this information:
[www.repubblica.it]

You can find others, still in Italian, here (site of national press agency):
[www.ansa.it]

For the moment I couldn't find updated sites in English, consider that Fini is reporting to our Parliament, about the facts, right now.
Moreover I think it is honest to pablish the original text from which I translated so that you can translate it yourself if you like/can.
Posted by: Anonymous [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: March 09, 2005 11:16PM
Now its up to the Americans to clarify the initial White House news releases.
Date: March 16, 2005 11:20PM
Mcshit you are so anti American you would lie,cheat,steal or do anything against an American,I just wish I could get one shot at your whimpy,sniffling ass.
Date: March 17, 2005 08:38AM
Mmm, yes. That's really clear now.Thank you for such an erudite explanation.
Date: March 21, 2005 10:36AM
I am not anti american, and it is not my problem if your brain doesn't let you interpret correctly what people writes.
...ah, and of course it seems that you don't know what politeness is, I have never writtene anything offensive (apartfrom this last comment) while many of you keep offending me simply because I don't share your ideas: you are not a great example of democratic persons!
(of couse this is directed only to the persons that avoid communication writing only offenses instead of civil comments)
Posted by: linksvptravelscom [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: July 06, 2005 06:36AM
Date: July 06, 2005 12:35PM
229140 sounds like a typical American - shoot first and argue later. All the hyper-patriotism is a means of diverting their attention from the fact that their leaders (just occasionally) make mistakes. Of course, it's very anti-American to point this out, and to criticise their actions around the world is regarded as blasphemy.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: