What is your favourite sport?

Posted by: mkcerusky [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: February 09, 2005 12:45PM
Football? Rugby? Basketball? Waterpolo? Curling? Athletism?
What sport do you like most to practice or to watch?

Which ones in the list I put in the poll do you prefer?
Posted by: pulse [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: February 09, 2005 01:59PM
Cricket winking smiley
Posted by: Bob [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: February 09, 2005 04:27PM
Football of course! The game was invented in Scotland along with England. Not that it makes us (scotland) any good at the game sad smiley
Date: February 09, 2005 05:03PM
Guess what will be my next poll?
Posted by: Reggie [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: February 09, 2005 07:30PM
The next poll will be 'Who sucks the most cock?' Answer: 'Bob'
Posted by: GAK67 [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: February 09, 2005 08:33PM
I would like to agree with pulse and say cricket, but with the Aussie team due to arrive in NZ in about a week, I know that it is just a matter of time before they notch up yet another win, but at least the Super12 is about to start.
Posted by: dub_kingdom [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: February 10, 2005 12:15PM
Does anyone else know of or like womens Handball (håndball på norsk). Its two teams of ´ladies´running about and throwing a ball. Very exciting game that can be lovely to watch.

Football is used by men who doubt their own sexuality to reafirm heterosexuality within a group. And it´s really boring too. As for cricket ... if I wanted to stand around in a park all day ... I´d just stand around in a park all day, without the risk of being knocked out by a wooden ball, but with trees. Probably.
Date: February 10, 2005 12:18PM
This has boys and girls, but girls is a better spectator sport:

[www.handball.no]
Date: February 10, 2005 04:56PM
Football is the best spectator sport I know of. Every Saturday I go to the games and everyone is chanting/singing etc. And I don't find it boring because I play it myself on weekends. Any sport can be called boring if you don't play it yourself. Also is football a way of women reafirming their hetrosexuality? There's at least %20 or more of the attendance at games I go to are women and girls. Another thing I think about sport is that most olympic sports apart from track and field are a waste of time, Sailing for example. The olympics should be a test of physical prowess not who can tack the wind the best etc.
Date: February 10, 2005 05:15PM
Bob, which team doyou support?
Posted by: Anonymous [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: February 10, 2005 06:48PM
gotta be bikes for me-anything DANGEROUS!!!
Date: February 10, 2005 07:47PM
Synchronized Butt-Darts. I am semi-pro.
Posted by: DrOKs [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: February 11, 2005 05:29PM
Definetely football
Posted by: Black_Trans_Am [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: February 11, 2005 07:19PM
Looks like I might be the only American to respond here so here I go with the cliche: American Football is my favorite. Yes, yes I know you all probably hate it but if you grew up with it the way I did you might have more appreciation for it. There is a tremendous amount of strategy and nuance to what is by most appearances a series of senseless running around and jumping on eachother, etc. I could go on at some length but I'll spare everyone.
I have actually played Cricket (or some variation of it) a number of times. Where I live there are some guys who grew up in the Carribean who turned us on to it. I really liked it. I try to watch it when I can on the satellite. More fun to play than watch...kinda like hockey.

Again to further the ugly-American cliches, I don't get the fascination with Soccer, er Football. It is only moderately fun to play and kind of a drag to watch. I eat at an authentic Mexican resturant regularly and there is always a soccer match and I try to get into it except that there never sems to be much going on. I'm sure it is because of tradition, etc from what was big in your area/family as a kid. I did not grow up where it was a big deal and the U.S. pretty much sucks (men teams that is) on the International stage. Nearly 300 million people and we cannot find 12 guys who can beat Iran, pathetic.
Anyway, please explain what the fascination is with football.
Oh yeah, what is the name of that sport that kind of looks like field hockey, I think it originated from somewhere in the UK I have seen it featured in a Guinness comercial. Please forgive my ignorance, but it looked interesting.

P.S. What is the deal with Australia Rules Football?? It used to be on cable quite a bit a few years ago. Looks pretty cool but hard to figure out. That one I would like to play
Date: February 13, 2005 12:30AM
mkcerusky, I support Hibs (my local team), AEK Athens (who I supported since I was 2 or 3) and Inter (for about the same time)
Date: February 14, 2005 09:56AM
Bob: Inter?! ...well, at least you do not support Juventus the most hated team in the world!
I support Fiorentina, the team of my region, and abroad I fancy Liverpool and Everton...I spent few months in Liverpool before graduating, following the Erasmus/Socrates project smiling smiley
Date: February 14, 2005 09:58AM
Black_Trans_Am@98140 I don't think anyone hates American Football...sometimes I also tried to play it and enjoied it, and I must ad mit that even if it is a very static game (few minutes deciding a strategy for few seconds of action), after playing for 4-5 hors I was quite tired!
Date: February 14, 2005 02:04PM
Yes Inter grinning smiley. I supported them for =ages= even before big Ronnie went there. I like American sports, if you watch college american football games there's more people spectating than go to most football games even in the top leagues. I like American football and I don't believe it's a rip off of rugby, if you think that then you've never watched American football through an entire game.
Posted by: Stiffler [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: February 15, 2005 03:46AM
American football is an excellent game. It's taken years of watching it mind you to finally understand whats going on on the field though. It's also the only game I know of that the home team fans cheer more for the defence than the offence. Hockey is my favourite though. I played it for many years and in my oppinion it takes more skill to play hockey than any other team sport going, simply because of the skating aspect of the game.
Date: February 15, 2005 10:59AM
Go Toronto Maple Leafs!
Date: February 16, 2005 03:45AM
mkcerusky you poor misguided soul. It's too easy to pick the team from the city at the centre of the universe. If and when the NHL settles its labour strife then there is only one team to truly route for and that is the Vancouver Canucks.
Date: February 16, 2005 09:32AM
What, no Quebec Assbandits fans?
Date: February 17, 2005 01:26AM
Hockey players, whinging bastards. So you can't get paid those extra few million dollars BOO HOO I guess you will have to put that ferrari on hold for oh, a few more months rather than spending it now.
Date: February 17, 2005 02:00AM
They officially cancelled the season today. The only professional sports league in the world to scrap an entire season due to a labour dispute. What a joke!
Date: February 17, 2005 11:20AM
Black_Trans_Am, the sport you asked about thats something like hockey is called bandy and its mostly played in Ireland, hence the guiness thing. Its also played accross the sea in Scotland, but mostly up north where people are weird. If you ever play it try not to get hit by the ball, it´ll hurt a lot!

You can place a bet (if its legal where you are) on bandy games here:
[www.unibet.com]

and Bob, you can also, as I regularly do, bet on Hibs winning, something they didn´t do yesterday, when they lost me a tidy sum of cash, the bastards.
Posted by: Black_Trans_Am [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: February 17, 2005 02:19PM
Thanks for the reply Dub.
Posted by: geezer [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: February 17, 2005 07:19PM
Tonsil Hockey...LMAO
Date: February 17, 2005 09:14PM
heard the song by 10CC .. "i dont like cricket no no i love it" exactly my views.. its the 2nd most watched sport in the world after soccer/football and according 2 me itz the best!
Posted by: Anonymouse [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: February 17, 2005 11:31PM
soccer rules quite simply. There's nowhere in the entire world where it isn't played, poor, rich whatever you can play
Date: February 19, 2005 05:11AM
DUH! I love to fish with cricket's,katch big bream at rosco's pond and rosco's got nice pond.OH! bubba says he like DEM cricket's too!
Your Name: 
Subject: