what do u know about islam ????

Posted by: avengerx [x] - (66.178.22.---)
Date: December 13, 2005 10:48PM
do u think u know about islam ? let s test ur knwledge and answer ur every question.....guys : this forum is serious , plz be polite and argue logically or just : fuck off...save comments like : muslims re pigs or i hate all muslims or any shit similar ...save it o urself//
Date: December 13, 2005 11:09PM
folks ...i mistankenly posted it under adult category : I DO APOLOGIZE .....PLZ NO COMMENTS ABOUT THIS LET S FOCUS ON THE TPOIC OKAY....
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (66.178.22.---)
Date: December 14, 2005 01:13AM
you are a glutton for punishment! i gotta respect that. my vote was reading the kuran, but i also got info. and translations from muslims. very little i agree with, but i am not much of a religious man. interesting concepts though. you should read a few books on taoism.
Posted by: Anonymous [x] - (66.178.22.---)
Date: December 14, 2005 02:12AM
every now and then i ll keep addin info s in the form of quick tips abut islam ....title will be : did u know?
Date: December 14, 2005 02:20AM
did u know : quran have a lot of scientifique facts stated in it that they were only recently dicovered , and as u know it was revealed 1400years ago where no signicant scientifique achivements did exist : some of the areas are : embryology , geology , cosmology and origin of universe(the big bang theory)...plz note , that we are not talkin about hypothesis over here which change , we are talkin about scientifique facts that are undoubtly true , for ex , development of human embryos ... and the fact that oxygen conc in atmosphere are lower and lower if u go up and up , i dont think 2 ppl using their brains can argue abut that ...
Date: December 14, 2005 02:21AM
FOR A BRIEF , ILLUSTRATED GUIDE TO ISLAM AND PROOF OF THE SCIENTIFIQUE MIRACLES IN QURAN PLZ VISIT THIS WEBSITE: [www.islam-guide.com] 1 talks about some scientifique miracles
Date: December 14, 2005 02:30AM
professor KEITH L.MOORE ,is one of the most respected anatomist and embryologist in the world , his book : clinically oriented anatomy is thaught in most US and canadian med school , he is originally canadian , a professor of anatomy and embryology at winnipeg univ in canada ...recently adopted islam after reading the quran and seeing how much accurate scientifique facts it contains though it was revealed 1400years ago......see a video of many scientists comments on :[www.islam-guide.com]
Date: December 14, 2005 02:31AM
Dr. T. V. N. Persaud is Professor of Anatomy, Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health, and Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. There, he was the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy for 16 years. He is well-known in his field. He is the author or editor of 22 textbooks and has published over 181 scientific papers. In 1991, he received the most distinguished award presented in the field of anatomy in Canada, the J.C.B. Grant Award from the Canadian Association of Anatomists. When he was asked about the scientific miracles in the Quran which he has researched, he stated the following:

“The way it was explained to me is that Muhammad was a very ordinary man. He could not read, didn’t know [how] to write. In fact, he was an illiterate. And we’re talking about twelve [actually about fourteen] hundred years ago. You have someone illiterate making profound pronouncements and statements and that are amazingly accurate about scientific nature. And I personally can’t see how this could be a mere chance. There are too many accuracies and, like Dr. Moore, I have no difficulty in my mind that this is a divine inspiration or revelation which led him to these statements
Date: December 14, 2005 02:33AM
did u know : to be a muslim u have to belive in : jesus , moses , noah ....and every single prophet ......
important note : jesus is regarded as a prophet in islam
Date: December 14, 2005 02:36AM
SOME EVIDENCE FROM THE BIBLE :
The Biblical prophecies on the advent of the Prophet Muhammad are evidence of the truth of Islam for people who believe in the Bible.

In Deuteronomy 18, Moses stated that God told him: “I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account.” (Deuteronomy 18:18-19).1

From these verses we conclude that the prophet in this prophecy must have the following three characteristics:

1) That he will be like Moses.

2) That he will come from the brothers of the Israelites, i.e. the Ishmaelites.

3) That God will put His words in to the mouth of this prophet and that he will declare what God commands him.

Let us examine these three characteristics in more depth:

1) A prophet like Moses:
There were hardly any two prophets who were so much alike as Moses and Muhammad . Both were given a comprehensive law and code of life. Both encountered their enemies and were victorious in miraculous ways. Both were accepted as prophets and statesmen. Both migrated following conspiracies to assassinate them. Analogies between Moses and Jesus overlook not only the above similarities but other crucial ones as well. These include the natural birth, the family life, and death of Moses and Muhammad but not of Jesus. Moreover Jesus was regarded by his followers as the Son of God and not exclusively as a prophet of God, as Moses and Muhammad were and as Muslims believe Jesus was. So, this prophecy refers to the Prophet Muhammad and not to Jesus, because Muhammad is more like Moses than Jesus.

Also, one notices from the Gospel of John that the Jews were waiting for the fulfillment of three distinct prophecies. The first was the coming of Christ. The second was the coming of Elijah. The third was the coming of the Prophet. This is obvious from the three questions that were posed to John the Baptist: “Now this was John’s testimony, when the Jews of Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to ask him who he was. He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely, “I am not the Christ.” They asked him, “Then who are you? Are you Elijah?” He said, “I am not.” “Are you the Prophet?” He answered, “No.” (John 1:19-21). If we look in a Bible with cross-references, we will find in the marginal notes where the words “the Prophet” occur in John 1:21, that these words refer to the prophecy of Deuteronomy 18:15 and 18:18.2 We conclude from this that Jesus Christ is not the prophet mentioned in Deuteronomy 18:18.

2) From the brothers of the Israelites:
Abraham had two sons, Ishmael and Isaac (Genesis 21). Ishmael became the grandfather of the Arab nation, and Isaac became the grandfather of the Jewish nation. The prophet spoken of was not to come from among the Jews themselves, but from among their brothers, i.e. the Ishmaelites. Muhammad , a descendant of Ishmael, is indeed this prophet.

Also, Isaiah 42:1-13 speaks of the servant of God, His “chosen one” and “messenger” who will bring down a law. “He will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth. In his law the islands will put their hope.” (Isaiah 42:4). Verse 11, connects that awaited one with the descendants of Kedar. Who is Kedar? According to Genesis 25:13, Kedar was the second son of Ishmael, the ancestor of the Prophet Muhammad .

3) God will put His words in the mouth of this prophet:
The words of God (the Holy Quran) were truly put into Muhammad’s mouth. God sent the Angel Gabriel to teach Muhammad the exact words of God (the Holy Quran) and asked him to dictate them to the people as he heard them. The words are therefore not his own. They did not come from his own thoughts, but were put into his mouth by the Angel Gabriel. During the life time of Muhammad , and under his supervision, these words were then memorized and written by his companions.

Also, this prophecy in Deuteronomy mentioned that this prophet will speak the words of God in the name of God. If we looked to the Holy Quran, we will find that all its chapters, except Chapter 9, are preceded or begin with the phrase, “In the Name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.”

Another indication (other than the prophecy in Deuteronomy) is that Isaiah ties the messenger connected with Kedar with a new song (a scripture in a new language) to be sung to the Lord (Isaiah 42:10-11). This is mentioned more clearly in the prophecy of Isaiah: “and another tongue, will he speak to this people” (Isaiah 28:11 KJV). Another related point, is that the Quran was revealed in sections over a span of twenty-three years. It is interesting to compare this with Isaiah 28 which speaks of the same thing, “For it is: Do and do, do and do, rule on rule, rule on rule; a little here, a little there.” (Isaiah 28:10).

Note that God has said in the prophecy of Deuteronomy 18, “If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account.” (Deuteronomy, 18:19). This means that whoever believes in the Bible must believe in what this prophet says, and this prophet is the Prophet Muhammad .

Date: December 14, 2005 02:38AM
FOLKS , I KNOW I POSTED LONG POSTS , IF U ARE EAGER TO READ AND LEARN U LL ENJOY THIS , BUT IF U DONT WANNA READ OR KNOW ABOUT ISLAM THEN : DONT ASSIGN THINGS U DONT KNOW TO THIS RELIGION : JUST SAY : I DONT KNOW THATS WHY I CANT GIVE AN OPINION ......WHISH U THE BEST OF LUCK ALL
Posted by: 90130_ [x] - (66.178.22.---)
Date: December 14, 2005 06:07AM
I found out about Islam more than 30 years ago, following news stories about hijackings, suicide attacks and bombings. How about attacks on cruise ships, naval vessels and crews, September 11th 2001, the Bali nightclub bombings, the Beslan school siege and murders of young children in Russia, the abductions of foreign contractors and journalists, and beheadings of innocent people on video? Islam is not a religion.
Posted by: pro_junior [x] - (66.178.22.---)
Date: December 14, 2005 06:08AM
avengerx, what country are you from?
Date: December 14, 2005 10:12PM
u know , it really makes me sad that the world is seing only one side of the story , since 1920 till now million of muslims have died in the ugliest wars history had known ,and yet no body said nothing and when some americans or israeli dies the whole world turns against muslim and they become the terrorist ...please note that i am tottally against those bombings done by muslims but let me try to illustrate an example by replying to 90130_@95127 ...maybe some of u will have conscious and be fair once in a life time :
1st : suicide attacks and bombings: if u mean palestinians , well , what can a young man , whom his land stolen , his father shot , forbidden from work , and bare-handed facing the biggest military in the middle east ....what can he do if every day he loses a dear one and they destroyed his home over his head : i think none of u will not defend his home if it was attacked , and for palestinians the only way is to sacrifice their own bodies , if u think they enjoy it well ur wrong they re humans too , and want to live but with dignity ..i will include a seperate argument about the palestinian problem
2nd) attacks on cruise ships : if u mean the uss cruise ship , evrybody knows that it was attacked in yemen not in the states ,what would u do if a saudi cruise ship went to a US harbor , or is it okay for u to land ur army anywhere in the world and no one has the right to object
3rd)beslan school siege , i dont need to remind u that russia invaded chechneya and exterminated almost all the ppl there how many womens and childrens were killed ???..why ddnt u object over that in the 1st place , or was it bec they are muslims , besides , though kidnapping childrens is wrong from the begining but it s now known for everybody that the russian special forces were the one who attacked the school and childrens died by the guns of russian soldiers bec the hijackers ddnt have even the time to reply the fight back bec of the brutal force used ....same thing happened at the theater of moscow were the russian special forces spread the nerve gas in the theater killing the hijackers and nearly all the civilans locked there , and now tell me where is the united nation ? it s watchin checheniyans killed evryday and nobody speaks ...why , bec they are muslims ???
4th)abduction of contractors and journalists , i dont have to remid u that a lot of muslims from : turkey , lebanon , egypt were kidnapped also and killed and beheaded , as an example the ambassador of egypt in iraq who was killed though he was a pious muslim , isnt this a sign of secret intelligence involved
5th) 9/11 , is simply done by a person who was once trained by cia and armed by it , thats why u cannot place him under a muslim category , al qaeda actually killed many muslims in iraq , jordan and afghanistan , and it s the biggest sin in islam to kill another muslim , so thats why they re not considered muslims technically speaking ...and yes , am totally against 9/11 attacks though i still doubt that secret service is not involved in a way or another
6th) bally attacks : those extremist were in fight with the gov who oppressed them so their way of replying back was to attack tourism , they did that to revenge from the gov not in the name of islam .......and finally it s tottaly idiot to say islam is not a religion ...it is , despite everybody , and it teaches peace and love of all the other , but one thing u must be aware of folks ,in islam if some1 attacks u , u have the right to attack back ...i think not two civilized ppl can argue about that ....i will keep on posting and posting about islam so that the whole world knows that such beautiful religion cannot be misfigured by some extremist , too bad , islam is attacked in this way , though had u know it s teaching u will be amazed how human life is central in it ....bye all
Date: December 14, 2005 10:32PM
ABOUT THE PALESTINIAN PROBLEM :
in 1900 s , hertzel , the founder of the zionist movement , went to sultan abdul hamid 2nd(last sultan of ottoman empire), and told him that if he would give the jews a piece of land in palestine he would pay all the debts of the empire ,the sultan replied : palestine is not mine it belongs to muslims and i will not give u one inch of it but when the empire collapse u can have it for free....and so days and days passed , zionist planned to take palestine by force , during the beg of this century jews were in charge of the worldwide economy and media , jews are smart hard working ppl , so when the world war 1 began , zionist made a secret agreement with britain that if they won the war , they will partition the ottoman empire and give palestine to the jews , the so called promised land for them , the allies won the war and britain occupied palestine , ships carrying jews from poland , russia , germany , USA ...arrived to palestine and they established settlements protected by the british army , they formed a lot of armed militia the most famous are the haganah , and attacked nearby palestinian villages and done massacres the most famous is der yassin , from 1920 s till 1945 , ships were still arriving carrying new jews and palestinians were simply being exterminated by armed jewish militia , by 1948 , jews have had irradicated palestinians from a lot of villages and towns and with the help of britain and USA ,they formed an organized state of the art army , britain retreated from palestine leaving the israeli army taking charge of the massacres and the up coming wars , in 1948 , the state of israel was declared , on the palestinian land , ironically it gained direct recognition from the UN ,IN 1967 , israel expanded when it went with a war against the palestinians and arab countries coalition army , israelis were about to loose but they wined bec they had unlimited support from the USA , UK AND FRANCE , arms and food and evry possible mean of support flooded to israel through the haifa harbor , and now israel keeps on having the best army in the middle east and have nuclear weapons , kills hundreds evry day , but no body sais nothing about it , and when a palestinian kills 1 0r 2 jews the whole world call them terrorsit , for god sake , tell me how could they protect themselves , how could they live ...how ...bare handed against a whole state of the art army ...and yet , palestinians and muslims are terrorists...
Date: December 14, 2005 10:33PM
fossil_digger : i hope u read all what i wrote and give me ur opinion , as am looking forward for a constructive discussion over here , same expectation from u all folks
Date: December 14, 2005 10:34PM
pro_junior : i am from lebanon
Date: December 14, 2005 11:05PM
do they speak english in lebanon?
Posted by: 90130 [x] - (66.178.22.---)
Date: December 14, 2005 11:52PM
That's pretty funny, avengerx...My family is from Lebanon too. I'm full blooded Lebanese, of direct Phonecian decent, born in the USA to parents who've worked all their lives to establish themselves and provide security for my siblings and I. My family is Christian, and still has property in Lebanon. My mother and father still go back to visit our relatives, but would never call it home again because of the Muslims who've all but taken over the place. You can tell me what a "peaceful" religion Islam is 'till you are blue in the face. I won't buy it...the lack of tolerance and acceptance of religious beliefs other than their own is the reason my family would never return for fear of their safety, or lack thereof. By the way, I proudly served MY country, the USA in Desert Storm, and I have a famous uncle who is a retired four-star General. My life here has never been about where I'm from, it's about where I am.
Date: December 15, 2005 02:35AM
i still won't convert!
Date: December 15, 2005 01:10PM
90130@95127 : u really are funny man ,not to add ,silly , guess nobody here can evaluate ur retardness bec nobody is aware of lebanese history or iternal prob :u said : My mother and father still go back to visit our relatives, but would never call it home again because of the Muslims who've all but taken over the place............exactly what re u talking about ??? muslims took the place in lebanon!!!!!!! shittiest comment i ve ever heard , i advise u to spend some time in lebanon to know it better or else shut up , besides what lack of tolerance and acceptance of the other are u talking about ..or ur just talkin for the sake of talk : isnt saad al hariri a sunni muslim ,the one who brought samir jaja out from jail under the name of unity , and everybody knows that without hariri the ""lebanese forces"" woud never get any representative in the parliment ....u need to know more about ur history man ....and if u consider urself american in the 1st , u ddnt have to tell that ur family is from lebanon .....besides no 1 , told u about ur life being where u are or where ur from , so why mention it , unless u have a psychologic prob with that ....guess any christian living in lebanon would reply back on this comment even in a more stronger language ....we are trying to unit over here,christian and muslims.....but there still some fanatics like u livin ,i hope they extinct.........
Date: December 15, 2005 01:12PM
f_d : i meant opinion , in politics ....no 1 asked u to convert in the 1st place and 2nd)politics is not a religion
Date: December 15, 2005 01:17PM
pro_junior : do u really mean ur question....do they speak english in lebanon ....for ur info half of the globe know english those days and regarding the question : no , the main language is arabic but : more than 90% know other language besides arabic the two most common are english and french ....i speak both eng and french in addition to arabic....besides i lear in an accredited US univ here , it s more likely to hear english on campus than arabic .....u got any other questions??? ur more than welcome
Date: December 15, 2005 10:45PM
est-ce que chacun est au Liban comme retardé en tant que vous-même ?
Posted by: Anonymous [x] - (66.178.22.---)
Date: December 15, 2005 10:51PM
You really need an education!
Date: December 15, 2005 11:00PM
Hey, F_D...that comment wasn't directed at you. No, not everyone in Lebanon is retarded. Our friend Avengerx most likely is, however.
By the way, Avengerx, I'm an American first!
Date: December 16, 2005 12:00AM
hahahahahahaha 90,you speak french?
Date: December 16, 2005 01:22AM
avengerx, do YOU speak english?
Date: December 16, 2005 01:23AM
Umm, yes..hate to admit it really. Actually spoke three different languages, sometimes simultaneously, through my second year of elementary school. I would have to blame that on my parents, who would start a conversation in english, and when the appropriate word or phrase was unavailable, insert either French or Arabic (or both) as a substitutes. Thanks, mom and dad! Anyway, this really accelerated my education. I took many classes in english literature and composition, studied history and science, and became an avid and enthusiastic reader and writer among many other varied academic pursuits. Sad thing is, I don't use any of those foreign languages now, and the last time I did was when communicating with Saudi pilots and officers during Desert Storm, which my CO's considered an asset.
Date: December 16, 2005 01:46AM
This one's for you, Avengerx; أَحْمَق , أَخْرَق , إِمَّر , حَمِق , سَفِيه , شَخْصٌ أَبْلَه , غَبِيّ Definition of "fool" and derivatives. Thank you.
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: