Posted by: mkcerusky [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: January 11, 2005 12:38PM
Is it possible to change the voting system so that aftwr voting one image one is not automatically directed to another image? Couldn't it just stay on the voted image? This couls be very useful for people like me that connect from work and cannot accidentally get into prono images.
Posted by: DarkKlown [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: January 11, 2005 02:51PM
The idea behind it switching to the next image is to promote voting. If it stay'd on the same image after a vote you would have to goto the gallery to see the next image, which would be a pain for alot of users.

I'm just finishing off writing an image categorizer that will let people only view different categories (selected options under your account, at your choosing).

You can also 'vote' for a image to be put into a category and that wont move you onto the next image. Also an option will be given to uploaders to put their images in a category (which you wont HAVE to fill in and can let the users decide what category the image will fall into).

I'm also thinking of adding some rules to users accounts that will let them change how the site acts. One such rule can be as you asked, having it not move onto the next image after a vote. But it's still an idea floating around in my head.

I'm very interested in seeing how well the categorizer will work and if users adapt it in the use of the site.

My only suggestion is to get quick with the escape key after you vote for an image so it stops loading the next image winking smiley
Date: January 11, 2005 03:15PM
I am looking forward to see the new features working!...and in the meanwhile I keep hitting quickly the "back" button smiling smiley
Date: January 12, 2005 02:30PM
Ok categories have been introduced to the site.

I still need to make some pages that will let registered users limit the stuff they see, but you can now goto the gallery and only show certain categories. And when looking at an image you can put it in a category.

Enjoy!
Date: January 12, 2005 02:39PM
Great work! Question: is an image categorized according to what stated by the last user categorizing it, or is there a voting mechanism?

Posted by: pulse [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: January 12, 2005 02:59PM
It requires 4 "votes" currently, and we'd REALLY appreciate it if people could go nuts categorising images PROPERLY smiling smiley Hit Random Image and just go for it, there's 7000 images and a total of around 28000 classification votes that are required to get this system running completely (but every bit helps).

Thanks
Date: January 12, 2005 03:06PM
...and I guess the categorization of an image can change when new votes are received?
Date: January 12, 2005 03:16PM
Yup.. whatever category has the most amount of votes for a image, that's the category the image will appear in. So if 5 people vote for the image to be in 'Landscapes' and 6 for 'Animal' then the image will go into 'Animal'.
Posted by: Anonymous [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: January 17, 2005 10:59PM
What happens when an image belongs in more than one category? Say you have "funny", "animals" and "vehicles", but when you have a funny image with a horse and a car you suddenly have a picture that belongs in several places at once...
Posted by: gruff [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: January 17, 2005 11:16PM
"Weird" is misspelled in the category list
Date: January 18, 2005 01:02AM
199228: It would depend on what the most amount of people thought the image would go into. Alot of images would fit into a number of different categories, but which one is the best is decided on the majority of people.

gruff: oops! fixed, thanks
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: