Posted by: quasi [x] - (208.78.130.---)
Date: June 13, 2009 01:34AM
I see duplicate images on here almost every day that have slipped past the filter and that does not bother me in the least. This evening I took a pretty nice shot of the sunset as I was on an evening walk and tried to post it not an hour later and it was rejected as being too much like another picture. That does bother me; the Quas is pissed. Ban all sunsets! And that must go for sunrises, too! They're all alike! And bikinis, no more girls in bikinis, seen one, seen 'em all! I guess that's it for my truck pictures (which probably bore most everyone anyway), they all look alike!
Posted by: woberto [x] - (121.91.3.---)
Date: June 13, 2009 02:23AM
pixels, they're crazy little suckers aren't they?
Posted by: dv8 [x] - (69.132.193.---)
Date: June 13, 2009 06:00PM
how bout the little fckers that after you post a picture they need to post the picture that they posted earlier to show you that you posted a picture they already posted . but seeing as this site is still free or at least free to me cause i send the owners pictures of my feet to yank to, i'm ok with the little problems.
Date: June 13, 2009 10:32PM
it's all about clicks & counters, don't take it personally.
It also boosts your ratings, if you're into that.
Posted by: dv8 [x] - (69.132.193.---)
Date: June 14, 2009 12:18AM
you know i am. why else would i be posting pictures if not for the clicks and counters. being a plus613 poster never gets you any $$$$ or women on heresad smiley
Date: June 14, 2009 01:58AM
Oh, didn't you get your plus613 dividend cheque? (or check for you seppo's)
Quasi, your sunset is beautiful but how do we know you are not fooling us, it could be a sunrise.
Date: June 14, 2009 02:16AM
Thanks woberto. I didn't think it was too bad for my cheap little POS camera. I just kinda think that sunsets being blocked on this side is like tits being blocked on the other side and while original pictures are being blocked duplicates are slipping through every day. I appreciate what DK, pulse, and the moderators are doing here on their own dime, but the dup filter just ain't cuttin' it. I don't really think the filter is necessary but I'm guessing it would take quite an effort to rewrite it out of the system. Still, I wonder why the hell we need it with you around.

It's rainy season here so we'll be having some pretty spectacular sunsets of which I hope I'll be able to post some.
Posted by: woberto [x] - (119.12.65.---)
Date: June 14, 2009 03:49AM
The dupe filter used to just count pixels and refer to the height/width so by simply adding a black dot or shrinking 99% you could fool it.
The new checker has an algorithm that we normal people cannot understand so maybe it's a case of making it all too complicated?
DK could write some code so that the warning is displayed, along with the link to the likely suspect, and then allows the user to proceed if they want.
All you have to do is convince him it's a good idea...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/06/2009 03:50AM by woberto.
Date: June 14, 2009 04:02AM
I'll stick with it's all too complicated - that seems to be the norm for just about everything. We're living in a house of cards I tell ya.
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (76.185.252.---)
Date: June 14, 2009 04:31AM
smiling bouncing smiley "the peasants are revolting" smiling bouncing smiley
Date: June 14, 2009 05:04AM
Try the quail...
Posted by: DarkKlown [x] - (Moderator)
Date: June 18, 2009 09:01AM
Hey i added the dupe checker because i was TRYING to make you people's lives easier.

I like the idea of allowing people to override the dupe checker with some modifications it should work well. Just means more coding. I've just started a job and i'm currently working 14 hours a day and my weekends are scheduled for the next month so i'm unsure when i'll be able to slip in some coding time. Sigh.
Posted by: woberto [x] - (123.200.239.---)
Date: June 18, 2009 09:55AM
So what you're saying is, you have a mortgage...
Posted by: DarkKlown [x] - (Moderator)
Date: June 18, 2009 11:12PM
Worse woberto.. I have a mortgage and i'm renting..
Posted by: woberto [x] - (165.228.161.---)
Date: June 19, 2009 03:12AM
Me too, "negative gearing" sounded like a good idea to me at the time but I have to wait for July to get some tax back, hopefully...
Posted by: Lexx [x] - (72.146.124.---)
Date: September 18, 2009 12:09PM
The dupe checker is causing me a problem.

I edited 2 photos together and because one of them is already posted here and all I did was resize it the dupe checker won't let me post it

Can DK or Pulse or one of the mods please bypass the dupe checker and post that for me please?

I almost didn't recognize Swayze in the picture that was posted here. Patrick really let himself go near the end there and this picture is proof of that. smiling bouncing smiley
Posted by: SkullandChains [x] - (207.32.60.---)
Date: December 15, 2009 07:02PM
"how bout the little fckers that after you post a picture they need to post the picture that they posted earlier to show you that you posted a picture they already posted."

Try saying that 5 times in a row really fast. totally lost
Your Name: 
Subject: