Posted by: Mrkim [x] - (69.152.15.---)
Date: August 27, 2008 03:30PM
^^^^ Hey buddy^^^^^ have you even tried Firefox or Opera yet? They're faster, safer against viruses, easier to use and if your worried about losin all your "favorites" and links you can simply import them during the installation and still have 'em in IE if you ever care to use it again later.

The learning curve to use either of these browsers is only very slight and most things are self-explanatory as you poke around a bit and .... no more renaming files to save 'em, which for me would be enough all on its own for me to switch browsers
Posted by: Placelowerplace [x] - (Moderator)
Date: August 27, 2008 04:35PM
Kim I have to use Firefox on this site for certain features to work that are not working in IE7

Quazi you are saving pictures in BMP format so the file size will be huge compared to a JPG or a GIF check n see...

DK the "new" is not showing up consitanly in the forums, however if I try to save an avatar it will save it in the original file format, but not in gallery. also Berto has a point as to the SQL errors wich show up in the gallerys only. Forum problems ... some links are black and some are blue and the red new doesn't always show up when there is a new something in the forums. I have one more issue but I will post that in the admin section.

=)
Date: August 27, 2008 04:39PM
oh also can we have our titles back?

Aministrator, Moderator, Donor, I live here, etc etc?????
Posted by: Mrkim [x] - (69.152.15.---)
Date: August 27, 2008 08:58PM
I'm not gonna go the bashin route in this conversation, but ..... I do have to wonder with all the possibilities of problems associated with using IE why anyone would even CHOOSE to use it at all, especially given the lack of these issues and user friendliness of the alternative browsers available and all at a big fat cost of nada, zippo .... or in other words 0$s.

My right brain thinkin just can't find enough reason to use IE for anything. I can assure you it is disabled on this machine and has never even been installed on any machine I've owned in the past 6yrs now winking smiley

BTW PLP, there's a cuppla things that are buggy here usin Opera but it works so well for everything else I just overlook it's lil quirks smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/08/2008 09:04PM by Mrkim.
Posted by: quasi [x] - (64.215.250.---)
Date: August 27, 2008 09:57PM
Ouch! Ow! Shit! Beat me some more, daddy! Beat me, whip me, kick me, make me write bad checks!
Posted by: pro_junior [x] - (24.21.92.---)
Date: August 27, 2008 10:14PM
and you're super OLD!!!

hahahaha just kiddin quas...
I'm old too =(
Date: August 27, 2008 10:30PM
What are file size parameters for upload?

have tried to upload some gifs but they are either too small or too large...
Posted by: DarkKlown [x] - (Moderator)
Date: August 28, 2008 12:31AM
placelowerplace: I'd say your browser/isp's proxy is caching pages so your not seeing the new tags, i've had a look and it appears to be working perfectly. I'll add in titles for admins/moderators but i think i'll be loosing the user groups. As for image names showing up as badness in IE I have a idea to fix it gimme a few days to find some time.

pro_junior: i've lots of checks to make sure images are 'useable' the size of the source some are image can't be over 152428800 bytes, or 0 bytes, must be a png, jpg or gif (and incase of plus613 a wmv, mpeg, avi) not be uploaded already, and have a description longer that 5 characters (i'll be making a modification to say you can't have the same description to more than 1 item in a row - hate seeing 'a picuture' for 5 totally different uploads in a row) then i have a few little smarts to confirm that the image is 'viewable' not just garbage.
Date: August 28, 2008 02:14AM
cool man. nice to see you are on top of it!
Date: August 28, 2008 05:15AM
Fatal error: error traversing database - perhaps it is corrupt? in /home/plus613/public_html/banner/plugins/geotargeting/GeoIP/data/geoip.inc
Date: August 28, 2008 07:07AM
fixed
Posted by: SkullandChains [x] - (207.32.60.---)
Date: August 28, 2008 08:59PM
After signing in, when I click 'add comment' on the "Today we mourn" picture thread, it's promting me to type my name and code as if I'm not logged in.
Date: August 28, 2008 09:51PM
Just want you to be sure you're really you, skully.
Date: August 29, 2008 12:19AM
It works now. Thanks for fixing it! Plus613 may have its glitches now and then, but they get resolve fairly quickly. thumbs down
Posted by: zxz555 [x] - (83.108.42.---)
Date: August 29, 2008 09:23PM
I think it works really well for a site run by 1 drunk and 1 ninja!
Date: August 29, 2008 11:50PM
"my image comments" seems to be broken. All that comes up are the first three images I actually posted and 39 more blank pages.

Is this more of the evil plot against IE users?
Date: August 30, 2008 12:55AM
and woberto takes care of the ratings system for everyone too, don't forget him!
Date: August 30, 2008 02:16AM
"My image comments" is up & running again. Thanks.
Date: August 31, 2008 10:28AM
zxz555, thought I was the only drunk on this site. grinning smiley
Date: August 31, 2008 10:33AM
-----------------------------------------------------------------
and woberto takes care of the ratings system for everyone too, don't forget him!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Knew someone was rating us all with 1's. winking smiley
Date: August 31, 2008 06:13PM
that might be him, skully
Date: August 31, 2008 06:15PM
'edit' feature for image comments is gone...I miss it...
Date: August 31, 2008 06:52PM
also can not put thumbs in comments anymore...confused smiley
Date: September 01, 2008 12:13AM
or save shit in IE
Date: September 01, 2008 12:41AM
placelowerplace: right click on a image, click 'view image' and you will be able to easily save from that.. if that's too difficult upgrade to firefox.. and life will be so much easier.
Date: September 01, 2008 12:48AM
editing comments is back. i'm having major issues with the regex to replace the image tags with the thumbs in comments/forum.. i'll keep at it today..
Date: September 01, 2008 12:49AM
there is no such animal as 'view image'. I have firefox and it bites ass in windows specially with that flipping popup thing that shows you all the downloads that wont go away.

only the plus613.net forum will not display "new" but I can save avitar jpgs just fine in the forum section
Date: September 01, 2008 03:02AM
In Firefox, goto preferrences -> downloads and tick the 'close download window when download finishes' if you don't like knowing what you've downloaded.
Date: September 01, 2008 03:11AM
Ok thumbs should now work in the forum. If you want to display a thumb it's [image]<imageid>[/image].
Date: September 01, 2008 03:25AM
Or to simplify things
http://plus613.net/image/<imageid>
will also display a thumb
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: