Posted by: DarkKlown [x] - (Moderator)
Date: November 18, 2008 12:57AM
Ok i'm finally releasing user home pages. You should all notice a new option 'my homepage' in your logged in status bar (also clicking on a name of a user in who has uploaded a image will also take you to theirs). This will load a page showing your/theirs favorite images, most hated images and many other features including a shoutbox for users to send you public messages. That's right people plus613 is turning into a social network! This is all VERY beta so i welcome all complaints and hopefully will find motivation to fix any problems that arise.
Date: November 18, 2008 01:04AM
And yes that's correct, people can now see what your voting on!! favourite images are images with 4 and above rating, hated are 2 and below. And remember you can change your vote anytime on a image just by revoting. winking smiley
Date: November 18, 2008 01:25AM
Just to clarify this is a service only for registered users. Registration is free and can be done here.
Posted by: GAK67 [x] - (124.157.91.---)
Date: November 18, 2008 04:11AM
Plus613 knows me well - "GAK67 has no friends" sad smiley
Posted by: pulse [x] - (Moderator)
Date: November 18, 2008 05:08AM
We see all, we know all.
Posted by: woberto [x] - (123.200.228.---)
Date: November 18, 2008 07:34AM
Are friends the same as PM buddies?
Posted by: ORLANDO399 [x] - (Moderator)
Date: November 18, 2008 07:44AM
Looks like it can be anybody you choose
Date: November 18, 2008 08:31AM
Yeah you have to like them, they don't have to like you.

Perhaps it should be a 2-way thing, though everything's public (at least to registered users) anyway so does it really matter?

Hrm. Questions, questions.
Date: November 18, 2008 09:54AM
PM buddies is just a list of people you 'regularly' send private messages too. Think of friends as people whom you like their uploads and want to make sure you don't miss one. I'll also be adding a 'most friends' to the top list so people can see who's the most liked and who isn't winking smiley

Hopefully this will make people play nicer...... or not. winking smiley

I didn't want to make it a 2-way thing as I don't think you should need permission to like someone's uploads/comments. Plus i don't think people should add friends just because someone has added them as one. 'friends' is probably the wrong term but it's one everyone is used too so why try and re-educate people, the meaning is their at least. That all said how you guys use the system and how it matures based on that usage like everything around here is up to the users winking smiley
Posted by: zxz555 [x] - (83.108.38.---)
Date: November 18, 2008 11:30AM
I'll also be adding a 'most friends' to the top list so people can see who's the most liked and who isn't

great, another brick in the wall, thanks man.
Date: November 18, 2008 11:41AM
Nobody likes me :~(

That's okay though. I don't like you.
Posted by: ORLANDO399 [x] - (Moderator)
Date: November 18, 2008 05:19PM
Can we have an option to delete our friends and our own comments in the shoutbox?
Posted by: pro_junior [x] - (206.53.144.---)
Date: November 19, 2008 12:10AM
Maybe change "joe_username has no friends" to "joe_username has not added any friends yet"
Sounds slightly less pathetic that way...
Date: November 19, 2008 01:45AM
Might be useful if usernames in the shout box link back to their homepages.

And if you could see who has added you as a friend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/11/2008 01:46AM by pulse.
Date: November 19, 2008 03:35AM
You can remove friends now. I don't like the idea of removing shouts, they disappear anyway so just don't type in anything you don't want seen for the time it takes for other people to comment. 'has no friends' changed to 'has not added any friends', usernames in shoutbox are linked, seeing who has added you as a friend is going to take a little more code.
Date: November 19, 2008 04:51AM
I've made it so a private message is sent to the person when you add them as a friend, it's also triggered when you remove them as a friend.
Date: November 19, 2008 12:38PM
What about last online time? "Blah is currently online" or something.. Or is that a bit too privacy eroding? It's already linked on the user tag cloud thingo..
Date: November 19, 2008 03:00PM
Yah i have a idea for the blocks, registered users will soon be able to pick a block to appear on whatever section they want (1 for the gallery, 1 for images, 1 for everything else or 1 for all) I'm making a list of 'block' ideas. Having a list of friends who are online could be one of them. What else would people like to see? Anything from rss feeds of others sites to search boxes can be done.
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (76.185.240.---)
Date: November 19, 2008 04:55PM
it would be funny to know who has blocked you from what.
Date: November 19, 2008 04:58PM
and maybe make it to where an anon can only use one or two "names"
Posted by: Lexx [x] - (68.18.47.---)
Date: November 19, 2008 07:15PM
While looking at some people's home pages I noticed something interesting.

Their favorite images and recently uploaded images were exactly the same...
Date: November 19, 2008 08:13PM
As I said on one of the image comments, there's nothing wrong with this. People are allowed to vote for their own images (much like in a presidential election, they can vote for themselves), and I would hope that people are uploading images which they truly like or think are of good quality so it's natural that some of their favorite images belong to themselves... smiling smiley
Date: November 19, 2008 10:52PM
Whats interesting to pay attention too is people's hated images, who they are voting down and if you can see who they don't like on the site winking smiley
Date: November 20, 2008 06:46AM
the submit button on my shout box is off the screen. sad smiley
Date: November 20, 2008 08:08AM
It could just be firefox, but if you look at a homepage, and somebody's posted in the shout box, then you click on their name on the message they left, it tries to load the entire plus613 site INSIDE the little shout box enclosure. I can take a screen shot if you want ..

As I say, could just be FF smiling smiley
Date: November 20, 2008 10:03AM
fixed, the shoutbox is a iframe so need a target parameter to refresh the right window.
Date: November 20, 2008 04:26PM
thanks man.
how about putting in a counter in to tell who and how many hits you get on your page?
Posted by: zxz555 [x] - (83.108.38.---)
Date: November 20, 2008 05:19PM
how can i search a loser user without adding them as a friend or finding a post by them to get the user name up? reasons for wanting this are obvious but also include multiple "almost the same" ids, & not knowing who is the real stussy demon for eg.
Date: November 20, 2008 07:30PM
maybe we could have your favorite pic on your homepage also regardless of votes.
and my submit button is still f'd. someone make lando shut up. grinning smiley
Date: November 20, 2008 10:14PM
fossil: what browser are you using?
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: