Posted by: Mrkim [x] - (71.96.147.---)
Date: August 12, 2007 09:24PM
I have tried and tried every way I can think of to make text based posts to the gallery and have NO CLUE how to get it done sad smiley I've even saved 'em to my desktop as .jpgs and it still won't post !!

Anyone with a tip on how to do so please lemmekno. And remember, all answers will need of necessity to be based on a Linux, specifically Ubuntu 7.04 OS since I don't use a winblows OS.

thanks in advance
smoking smiley
Posted by: Anonymous [x] - (72.152.213.---)
Date: August 12, 2007 09:45PM
ok, so you tryinta save a text file w/ the ext ".jpg"?
if that's the case, then, no that will never work because it is still a text document(look at the properties)
one way(easy) would be to take a screen shot(alt + print screen), which will save as a .png(which is acceptable for up at the 613) by default
then in gimp there are ways to put text in a pic... couldn't really tell you off of the top of my head... but if i'm not mistaking the keyboard shortcut is ctrl + t... but not sure
fuck around with the menu opts
Posted by: quasi [x] - (64.215.250.---)
Date: August 12, 2007 10:16PM
I'm an idiot when it comes to computers, I know nothing about Linux, so I'd probably print the text then scan it as a photo. Would that work for you or am I just showing how really technologically challenged I am?
Posted by: Anonymous [x] - (72.152.213.---)
Date: August 12, 2007 10:20PM
quasi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm an idiot when it comes to computers, I know
> nothing about Linux, so I'd probably print the
> text then scan it as a photo. Would that work for
> you or am I just showing how really
> technologically challenged I am?

lmao...
hey, that's really a type of work around, q-man, so you're thinking like a hacker
yeah sure, that'll work too... alot of fucking work that is though lol
-nic
Date: August 12, 2007 10:56PM
Maybe a little bit of work & waste of paper, but while someone else is trying to think of an "easy" way to do it, I'll have it done.
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (76.185.251.---)
Date: August 13, 2007 01:19AM
i confess to doing it a couple times. eye rolling smiley
Posted by: woberto [x] - (58.111.4.---)
Date: August 13, 2007 02:55AM
What image editor are you using?
You can create a new "image" in an editor (such as MS pain in winblows) that is blank but then just add text to it and save it as a jpeg. The font will pixelate a bit when you save it but it would do the job.
Date: August 13, 2007 03:00AM
Hmmm ... haddn considered tryin a screenshot of it. I'll have to give that a try. Thanks dude !

Quasi, that'd work for sure if I ever used my printer/scanner/fax, but since I don't really, I never hooked it back up after I rebuilt my machine a cuppla months back.

I have had a cuppla instances where it would've been nice to have back online again (like DLing a PDF of a car stereo manual today that I really needed a hard copy to take outside with me) so I might have to do so.

smoking smiley
Date: August 13, 2007 03:09AM
woberto ... I was creating a text doc and then saving it to the desktop, then changing the .odt to a .jpg and that waddn workin. The openoffice.org program I have creates word docs as a .odt file.

And thanks for the clarification buddy, I DAMNED sure don't wanna be confused with merkin drinking smiley

smoking smiley
Posted by: woberto [x] - (58.111.4.---)
Date: August 13, 2007 03:49AM
Yeah, you can't start with a text document, unless plus613 accepts PDF files because openoffice allows you to save as PDF. Try it. Otherwise you need to find an image editor and add text.
Posted by: shaDEz [x] - (Moderator)
Date: August 13, 2007 11:12AM
tools > text... in gimp
ctrl + t... in photofiltre, i prefer the text tool in photofiltre actually
you will need wine installed for photofiltre; however

installing wine
to install wine(open a terminal, copy and paste):

wget -q [wine.budgetdedicated.com] -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo wget [wine.budgetdedicated.com] -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq.list

sudo apt-get install wine

franks corner
then to install photofiltre(assuming you saved the exe to your desktop) copy and paste this into you term window:

wine /home/MrKim/Desktop/pf-setup-en.exe

or follow those links(basicly the same thing i just toldjya)
Date: August 13, 2007 01:15PM
Hmmm .... looks like I need to get up close and personal with the Gimp eh ? Though I've opened it and futzed around with it a few times I've yet to have really explored around in it too much. I'll try the above this evening if I have some extra time to do so.

Sometimes I wish Ubuntu was as simple as Windows to work with .... but that always passes grinning smiley

smoking smiley
Date: August 13, 2007 09:25PM
You guys are puttin' me to sleep with this thread.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Posted by: Placelowerplace [x] - (67.171.146.---)
Date: August 13, 2007 10:50PM
I was clipping my toenails the last time I really tried to read this thread
Posted by: pro_junior [x] - (67.168.213.---)
Date: August 14, 2007 12:21AM
Date: August 14, 2007 01:03AM
Waah, waah, fuckin waaaaaaaay smiling bouncing smiley So which one of ya'll needs me to dial up a waaaaaaaambulance grinning smiley

OK, one thing's for sure, no PDFs allowed, just tried it and no dice. Looks like I'm gonna hafta get knee deep in the Gimp, Hi Ho eye popping smileydrinking smileymoody smiley

smoking smiley
Date: August 14, 2007 04:08AM
wtf dude, i just toldjya how to do it!
tools > text
really all there is to it, no need to get knee deep ; ]
now quit your whining and procrasitnating about gimp and just do it
Date: August 14, 2007 01:54PM
Ok, ok ! Now I just hafta come up with somethin I wanna post again smiling bouncing smiley BTW, thanks nic !

smoking smiley
Date: August 14, 2007 02:28PM
i had a friend in college named Nic. he was that guy who could bag damn near any chick he wanted any time (tested several times), his nickname was "Nic the dick".

why does that story pop to mind dr.?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/08/2007 04:05PM by fossil_digger.
Date: August 14, 2007 04:02PM
def not me
these days i couldn't get pussy to save my life
Date: August 14, 2007 04:04PM
it was great! we'd send him into a group of 5 or more, let him work then pick up the pieces. grinning smiley
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: