image stats
date added
previous votes
log in


indent register
indent recover

mein barz

1 star2 stars3 stars4 stars5 stars
mein barz

Comments for: mein barz
pro_junior Report This Comment
Date: August 29, 2011 11:08PM

bonus points for identifying that red handled thingamajig in the lower left..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/08/2011 11:09PM by pro_junior.
GAK67 Report This Comment
Date: August 29, 2011 11:23PM

Surely you just gave us the answer - it's a red handled thingamajig.
jgoins Report This Comment
Date: August 30, 2011 06:23AM

It is a nail puller
fossil_digger Report This Comment
Date: August 30, 2011 06:59AM

nail puller for tires
BlahX3 Report This Comment
Date: August 30, 2011 02:28PM

It's a nail puller designed to pull them from wood, not tires.
SpazzII Report This Comment
Date: August 31, 2011 02:38AM

Its birdbath.
jgoins Report This Comment
Date: August 31, 2011 06:40AM

We used those nail pullers to dismantle wooden buildings and such.
pro_junior Report This Comment
Date: August 31, 2011 02:32PM

huh, I was wondering what that thing was for, I thought GAK had it right...thanks guys
now what about those 2 similar bars in the middle, one chrome, one black? now those I know all too well what they are used u?
and why is that hatchet so thin that it can slide under that large bar?
what about that plus shaped thing, top right?, I know its very common here in the USA, but do they have them where you live? what do you call it?
BlahX3 Report This Comment
Date: August 31, 2011 05:23PM

I think the two bars are used in a hydraulic tire busting machine to get a tire off/on the rim.
The hatchet thing looks like a small sheet rock tool. Don't know the name of it.
The last one is a cross/X lug nut wrench for changing tires and is useless trying to break lug nuts loose that have been put on using an air impact wrench at a tire shop because the bars are too short to get enough torque. Better off with a breaker bar and a pipe to extend it and hope your socket doesn't crack open and/or you break off a lug bolt and/or break your ass trying.
fossil_digger Report This Comment
Date: August 31, 2011 06:58PM

the silver bar looks to be a hydraulic jack handle, the long one looks to be some sort of support bar good enough to pry something. Blah is correct on the other.
jgoins Report This Comment
Date: September 01, 2011 07:11AM

I think the hatchet thing is a roofing axe. Blah is right about the 4 way lug wrench. Don't know the other 2.
BlahX3 Report This Comment
Date: September 01, 2011 10:56AM

I though it was for roofing at first too but the handle seems too short. I've seen roofing axe/hammers doubling for drywall use and vice versa so I guessed the other one.
pro_junior Report This Comment
Date: September 02, 2011 01:56AM

black and silver bars are winch bars for tightening straps on a flatbed trailer, also used for locking down chain binders, notice the extra bracket on the end of the black one...thats for holding the handle of the binder, the chrome one is just hollow and you can slide the bar over the handle of the binder to close it but if it slips out of your hands while you are straining to tighten the binder it may flip through the air a hundred feet or so...hence the nickname 'widowmaker'...I've seen a few bars go sailing but fortunately they didnt hit anything other than the ground...
I don't know anything about the hatchet other than its basically a piece of guess is that it was at one time part of a "camping gear package" deal at a department store back in the 70's...but its really too flimsy to actually be of any use in the could also have been meant for throwing...I don't know, but thats what I mostly do with it..
four way tire iron, 3 sizes lug wrench and pry bar to remove hubcap...I honestly cannot remember the last time I took a tire off of a car, has to be a decade at least...I always put a dab of grease or never-seize on the lug and never had any trouble taking them off again later...
just above the winch bars is a pin puller, for unlatching kingpin from the fifth wheel when disconnecting trailer from tractor..
lower right is a couple of real old spud wrenches, don't know their origin either but would guess a sawmill..
BlahX3 Report This Comment
Date: September 02, 2011 01:52PM

I knew I'd seen those winch bar thingies before but brain blanked on them. There are few things named widow-makers I guess and for good reasons. The only thing I heard of before called that was a broken branch resting on a tree being felled or topped that could come crashing down.

I was wondering what the t-handled hook thing was for. I thought of a lace puller for hockey skates but it's too long for that. The only reason I know what a lace puller is was from an episode of Bones.

I've had (and probably still do have) a few crappy little tools like the hatchet but at some point in time they have actually come in handy for something. I'm reminded of a stupid knife with a detachable handle that other "tools" could be put on, like a little hammer. I've found the little hammer part handy a time or two and the blade without the handle worked out well for sliding under and an acoustic guitar bridge I was removing once.

Tools are good. A guy can't have too many tools. It is just not possible.
jgoins Report This Comment
Date: September 03, 2011 06:22AM

The hatchet I believe is used while installing shake roofs to split the shake when it is too big for a spot.
Mrkim Report This Comment
Date: September 04, 2011 08:48PM

I "think" what you're callin spud wrenches PJ are likely just a cuppla miscellaneous wrenches that problee came with some sort of equipment or machinery as standard issue tools from the manufacturer.

I have a buncha old double open end wrenches and a pretty decent set of single ended open end wrenches like the ones shown that I've pilfered from mostly German equipment tool sets over the years. These wrenches are really well made and go from 10mm all the way up to 52mm's. The Germans make some really fine tools and these are all near or over 50yrs old now without any appreciable wear on any of 'em!

When I think of a spud wrench it's usually a crescent or an open end wrench on one end with a tapered punch like handle on the other end. These are usually old iron worker wrenches used to line up mating holes in beams for rivets or bolts and then when usin bolts, to tighten 'em too.

I have more than a few pretty unusual tools I've been thinkin of takin pics of and see if anyone can tell what they're for grinning

BlahX3 Report This Comment
Date: September 04, 2011 09:06PM

I vote to do it Kim. It's fun guessing and looking stuff up.
pro_junior Report This Comment
Date: September 12, 2011 11:06PM

Kim, you're right about the spud wrenches, I knew the wrenches with the tapered ends were spud wrenches...I'm not sure when or why I thought wrenches that were unique to a certain piece of machinery were also called spud wrenches, but I guess that isn't the case..have a