What are ya listenin to ?

Posted by: Mrkim [x] - (184.63.11.---)
Date: February 24, 2013 04:21PM
If this video dudn get you're blood goin you'd best check to make sure you still have a pulse (<-no pun intended) [www.youtube.com] Dancing Green Banana!

BTW, that was some funny shit pulse, def a keeper smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/02/2013 04:31PM by Mrkim.
Posted by: pro_junior [x] - (Moderator)
Date: February 25, 2013 10:16AM
big dirty stinkin bass was funny thumbs down
closest to techno I get is KMFDM
Posted by: pulse [x] - (Moderator)
Date: February 25, 2013 10:55AM
The Dizzee Rascal track is currently #21 in the UK top 40.

Don't touch it. Who the fuck told you to touch it? If you touch it again I will fucking kill you.
Posted by: woberto [x] - (124.171.83.---)
Date: February 25, 2013 11:03AM
Brace yourself...
Mucky Pup
(matrix)
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (76.185.173.---)
Date: March 20, 2013 04:56PM
Date: November 13, 2013 06:38AM
Date: December 12, 2013 05:14AM
saw KMFDM a couple weeks ago...really great show...they sounded better than they do in this video
Date: June 30, 2014 12:42PM
Connect a good soundsystem. A few that have been on my playlist lately. Have all in FLAC format, and 8 years on my stereo is still a fucking beast smiling smiley Huge Polk Audio speakers, Denon and Rotel amps. Love it.

The Upbeats - Alone (ft. Tasha Baxter)
and for some more Upbeats fun and if you like it dark, Beyond Reality and darker Def Crescent

and a bit lighter, Technicolour, Komatic & LSB - Rotary Motion

and at the moment can't go past Fred V & Grafix Bladerunner and Recognise

In fact, the whole Hospital Records/Medschool Music crew has been delivering some terrific tunes lately, search for Etherwood, Royalston or Keeno
Posted by: BlahX3 [x] - (68.116.117.---)
Date: June 30, 2014 03:32PM
A lot of Yes and some classical guitar.
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (172.56.9.---)
Date: July 17, 2014 02:29PM
my wife snore.
Posted by: ¤¥¤ [x] - (50.147.86.---)
Date: July 17, 2014 03:24PM
I have a birdy and it goes nam nam!

Birdy Nam Nam
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (172.68.133.---)
Date: June 27, 2019 09:18PM
[www.youtube.com]

a close friend turned me on to this song.
yeah, it's a religious deal, but DAMN THESE GIRLS CAN BLOW!
Date: June 28, 2019 11:04PM
[youtu.be]

Jeffrey Cooper aka Urban Shaman
Saw these dudes jammin on a corner down by the Portland Saturday Market a few weeks ago...Was pretty cool
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (172.69.69.---)
Date: December 20, 2019 04:55PM
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (172.69.71.---)
Date: January 05, 2020 05:56PM
[www.youtube.com]
Marcus King and Billy Strings

[www.youtube.com]
Marcus King , I just Want to

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2020 06:07PM by fossil_digger.
Date: February 06, 2020 02:38PM
I'll introduce you to some classic 90s Australiana

TISM

Everyone else has had more sex than me - [www.youtube.com]
Greg the stop sign - [www.youtube.com]

TISM were popular on the main youth/alternative radio station (Triple J) in the early-mid 90s. Most of their stuff was banned from any mainstream outlet, with songs like "I might be a cunt, but I'm not a fucking cunt" or "I'm on the drug that killed River Phoenix". The band was made up of a couple of local high school teachers and lawyers; and were anonymous, always wearing full face masks. They have that bitter kind of humour that I just approve of.

"The rich kid becomes a junkie, the poor kid an advertiser. What a tragic waste of potential! (Being a junkie's not so good either)".

I'll also follow it up with another from a similar era;

Regurgitator -

I sucked a lot of cock to get where I am [www.youtube.com]
Black Bugs - [www.youtube.com]
Posted by: woberto [x] - (108.162.250.---)
Date: May 20, 2020 03:16AM
What I will be listening to...
[www.abc.net.au]
TISM
Date: May 24, 2020 12:01PM
Ah spew, I missed it.
Posted by: woberto [x] - (162.158.167.---)
Date: May 24, 2020 10:44PM
Hopefully it will show up on iView (pretty much the only "TV that I watch these days).
[iview.abc.net.au]
Good playlist though!
Date: July 10, 2020 03:53AM
Steely Dan
About 2 years ago I shut off the teevee, about 3 weeks ago I shut off the social media..
then I put Steely Dan and have been listening non-stop since then...
Posted by: Mrkim [x] - (172.69.68.---)
Date: July 12, 2020 02:59AM
You gotta be a brother from another mother PJ.

Haddn had so much as an antenna connected to a Tv since 06 and Steely Dan's been a fave since they broke onto the music scene in the 70s. Still have "Can't Buy a Thrill" and several other albums on vinyl. Then have their whole collection tucked neatly away in several HDs ... just in case

Might wanna check out Donald Fagen's "The Nightfly" as this was an excellent solo effort.

Cuppla new bands I've come across in the past few years and one of the standouts is called Lake Street Dive.

Their lead singer Rachel Price did a solo effort that's amazing [www.youtube.com]

Something that's equally as impressive as the song itself is that it was a one take studio/video piece.
Posted by: Mrkim [x] - (172.69.68.---)
Date: July 12, 2020 03:07AM
This one's for grins but they actually have lotsa cool stuff. Reverend Peytons Big Damn Band (all 3 members) [www.youtube.com]

Another that get's me goin is The Dead South [www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Mrkim [x] - (172.69.71.---)
Date: July 12, 2020 03:19AM
Then there's this cat, a local from Austin that goes by Shaky Graves [www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]
Date: July 16, 2020 10:32PM
thumbs downthumbs down
gotta admit I'm late to the SD party.. I've been aware of them since I was a kid in the 70's..probably heard 'Reelin in the Years' 'My Old School' 'Hey Nineteen' 'FM' and 'Deacon Blues' a thousand times each but never really paid much attention to them until recently..when I learned about the meanings of the songs it increased my appreciation for them..
Thanks for the links/suggestions.. will give them a listen
Date: July 16, 2020 10:41PM
oh yeah..when I was about 13-14 years old my nutjob bible thumping aunt took my cousin (her daughter) and me to seminar about the Evil rock and roll music (presented by the Peters brothers lol)..they said the band Steely Dan was named after a dildo and I laughed.. my laughter was met with an icy glare from my aunt but I couldn't care less what she thought.. rock on
Posted by: Mrkim [x] - (172.69.71.---)
Date: July 21, 2020 08:54PM
At ages 3 and 4 I attended my grandparents on my Dads sides Pentecostal Church services on several occasions.

Even at that age the strange antics I viewed tripped me out! I can remember members goin into fits in the floor and talkin in tongues and thought "These are some strange people!".
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (162.158.186.---)
Date: August 31, 2020 01:53PM
Posted by: Mrkim [x] - (162.158.187.---)
Date: September 10, 2020 02:43PM
One for PJs consideration [www.youtube.com] , and a story to go with it.

In 77 I was on the road travellin about for work and carried a small receiver and speakers with me since lone nights at the motel were more palatable that way.

Annyhoosal, wound up couped up for 3 days in the middle of the biggest snow storm in Michigans history while stuck in a motel in Grand Rapids as about 3 feet of snow fell, so there was lotsa time to listen to the radio.

Found a local rock station that was decent and called up and requested "Aja". Told the DJ I was a big Steely Dan fan from Texas stuck in my motel room and would appreciate hearin "Aja" from their then new album. He said "Sure man and thanks for callin in!"

I patiently waited and in about 5 minutes in between songs the DJ says "This one goes out to a Texan stuck here in Grand Rapids with us ... "Waitin for the Bus" by ZZ Top. Never did play "Aja" either ... fucker!
Date: September 11, 2020 07:12AM
ha that's awesome..
both are great songs though
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (162.158.75.---)
Date: January 12, 2021 02:51AM
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: