Posted by: Lexx [x] - (68.59.131.---)
Date: October 30, 2007 10:33PM
Whenever I right click and try to do "save as" on any pictures I get...

"Could not complete the operation due to error 800700de"

I don't think it's just me either. Perhaps this is intentional to prevent people from snagging the images but I think it's more likely just an error. Of course there are other ways to capture the images but they are just not as convenient as right click and save.

Also I noticed there doesn't seem to be a maximum filesize on images anymore. Some the images posted recently are in excess of 3 megs and one is over 5 megs. (posted by an anonymous of course) I have a pretty fast internet connection so it doesn't slow me down much but people on dialup or slower broadband would really be effected. It also must be chewing up large amounts of bandwidth and storage space on whatever servers are currently hosting this websight. I think something like 1-1.5 megs is a good max since anything larger could easily be resized.
Posted by: Placelowerplace [x] - (24.21.239.---)
Date: October 30, 2007 10:57PM
There does not be a clear answer to this problem so here are some ideas.

Idea 1. Clear your browser cache

This link explains how.

[www.microsoft.com]

Idea 2.

Download the latest version of Internet Explorer 7 and any patches. I assume you are using IE7 as it does not appear to affect IE6.

Idea 3. Upgrade Windows XP to Service pack 2 if you don't already have it.

Idea 4. Use SFC to identify missing components and then install the file from your XP installation disk.

See this link.

[forums.whatthetech.com]
Posted by: woberto [x] - (59.154.144.---)
Date: October 31, 2007 12:03AM
Nifty web pages will have a pretty pop-up if they deny you right-click recognition, rather than a windows debug error.
Another wonderful Windoze problem could be...
If you have too much stored on your desktop (over 2Mb) you will get all sorts of memory errors, usually virtual & pagefile.
Posted by: DarkKlown [x] - (Moderator)
Date: October 31, 2007 05:25AM
We don't employ any methods that limit people from saving images from the site.
Date: October 31, 2007 08:28AM
Yeah I do use IE7 and it's the latest build. Browser cache gets cleared every time I close IE but I manually cleared it anyways. My WindowsXP is all up to date and no problems there. Desktop is only 21K so that can't be it either.

What I mainly want to know is am I the only one getting this error or are others getting it too?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/10/2007 08:30AM by Lexx.
Posted by: quasi [x] - (64.215.250.---)
Date: October 31, 2007 09:39AM
I'm getting it, too. Me thinks this sudden problem isn't with our OS as I've never had this problem with IE before. Could it be something similar to the red x menace?
Date: October 31, 2007 09:47AM
I can right click and save normally on any of the recently uploaded Halloween pictures but I get the error on anything posted before that. I am noticing when I call up properties on the images that give me the error the filename starts with images01.plus613.net/(filename) and the ones that save normally start with images.plus613.net/. The thumbnails have just images too and I can save those. That might have something to do with it.

I see Quasi is getting the same error so it's probably something related to IE7 or something about some of the images I am thinking. At least now I know it's not just me since there doesn't seem to be anything wrong/different with my system.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 31/10/2007 09:53AM by Lexx.
Date: October 31, 2007 09:48AM
I can save thumbnails but not full sized pics although I can save full sized pics I just posted myself.
Posted by: woberto [x] - (216.9.246.---)
Date: October 31, 2007 11:47AM
This sounds like a cache problem.
Try flushing your DNS
Then renew your IP
I think you execute
Ipconfig /flushdns
Ipconfig /renew
Or just type ipconfig help
Date: October 31, 2007 11:32PM
When you first upload a image to the site for it to appear instantly it will be loaded from images.plus613.net (same piece of hardware that hosts the HTML/sql of the site) however after a little while it will be copied to our remote mirror site, images01.plus613.net, and then the site will direct you to view it from this site. This remote mirror handles the bulk of our image loads (it was also meant to do php/sql but was being overloaded). A big problem with this is they limit the amount of page/image views (400,000 a day) and with the current setup of server side caching it's hard for me to guess what the current count is up to. So if you view the site towards the end of the day you could find a lot of images aren't loading for you (red x's for IE users) because the account on the remote mirror has been disabled.

Unfortunately as well they don't update the statistics regulatory enough that i could have a script that could data mine the counter and then not send traffic to them at a certain amount.

I've had idea to use a redirector script that could count the amount of hits it's redirecting but then i might as well just show the image, as the whole point of sending them the hits is to lower the load/bandwidth use of the main server.

In the meantime I'm going to disable thumbs from being loaded via images01 (for registered users). This should decrease the amount of hits they get by a huge factor and hopefully always bring us under the suspended ban stick.

That all said you shouldn't get any error back from your browser when you try and save the image. It should at least save a HTML page that says basically 'this account has been suspended' -- SHOULD YOU ACTUALLY TRY AND SAVE WHILE WE ARE SUSPENDED. We don't get suspended every day. Maybe once a week or so when we're having a usage spike.

Unfortunately because we have such a wide audience usage spikes don't happen on a regular basis that i could pre-empt over usage.

Come on google! buy us out!
Posted by: pro_junior [x] - (166.129.142.---)
Date: November 01, 2007 05:18AM
I can save pictures okay, but when I right click on a picture and click 'view image', I get an 'open with:' or 'save as:' option instead of the image just opening...
I use firefox, not IE..
Posted by: Onyma [x] - (99.243.108.---)
Date: November 01, 2007 06:50AM
Yeah, the server isn't serving pages up as JPG's anymore. They are coming down as some other MIME type I'm guessing so the browser doesn't know what to do with them. I can't right click and view image anymore either... the browser just asks to save the incoming stream as it doesn't know it's an image.

This may be the key.... the filenames are also not the uploaded names anymore but something in the format of _#######net_ with no extension. This is what is being passed down to the browser.
Date: November 01, 2007 07:56PM
One other option to try is to click and drag the picture out of the window and on to your desktop. see if that works instead
Date: November 01, 2007 09:44PM
I'm not having problems of this sort with any other sites, just the 613 sisters. I don't think my computer's broke so I'm not messing with it.
Date: November 01, 2007 11:22PM
Arrh crap. I stuffed up some regex. Fixed. I'll rename the broken images and fix them in the db.
Date: November 02, 2007 12:35AM
Thank you DK.
I noticed tonight that the donation button is highlighted with yellow but when clicked upon still won't permit donations. Really wish I could help with funding.
Date: November 02, 2007 12:51AM
Yah unsure why pulse keeps enabling it. It only ever lasts a day before paypal yank it.
Posted by: BlahX3 [x] - (207.55.22.---)
Date: November 04, 2007 04:32PM
You can't upload an image with the title containing an apostrophe ' .
Posted by: pulse [x] - (Moderator)
Date: November 08, 2007 09:41PM
I don't 'keep' enabling anything, I never disabled it.. haven't touched it for a year or two.

Really should try that paypal workaround, but it means opening yet ANOTHER bank account because the assholes keep banning them.
Posted by: BlahX3 [x] - (207.55.22.---)
Date: November 11, 2007 06:31PM
WTF! People want to donate and they have to jump through flaming hoops now? Good Lord, what's next? If I had anything worth donating it'd be yours, flaming hoops and all.
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (76.185.251.---)
Date: November 11, 2007 09:12PM
flaming hoops burn the short and curlies. eye popping smiley
Date: November 11, 2007 09:27PM
no no fossil, thats herpes that you're feeling
Posted by: euclidean [x] - (59.154.144.---)
Date: November 12, 2007 01:06AM
What movie was this from...
Patient:"When I piss, fire shoot out my dick!"
Doctor:"You mean you have a burning sensation in your penis?"
"No I mean FIRE shoot outta My dick, last week I..."
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (76.185.251.---)
Date: November 12, 2007 03:53AM
i missed that one man. confused smileygrinning smiley
Posted by: euclidean [x] - (59.154.144.---)
Date: November 12, 2007 05:12AM
Character speaking was Adrian Cronauer...
Posted by: pulse [x] - (Moderator)
Date: November 12, 2007 12:26PM
No hoop jumping to donate required - at the moment we can't take donations at all smiling smiley

I need to fix that, really..
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: