Posted by: mkcerusky [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: July 12, 2006 03:22PM
Dear people,

I recently realized that many (probably most) of my pictures are considered to be spam by a lot of (or at least some) people here.
They basically think such pictures are boring. Now,it is impossible to guess what kind of pictures will be considered as spam or at least boring, thus we can't avoid publishing "boring" pictures, simply because we canno know in advance if a picture will be considered to be boring or not.
Some people, despite the fact that one is not obliged to click on boring thumbs, seem to be annoyed by the fact that such pictures are posted. Now, I think that we should "protect" both, those who want to publish such pictures, and those who find them boring.
Perhaps we could add the possibility for people to mark pictures as "boring"/"not boring" or as "spam"/"not spam" so that only "not boring" and/or "not spam" pictures are shown on the main gallery, and all the others are shown in the single categories sections.
Alternatively we could provide people with the possibility to filter images by uploader name, so for instance all those who find my pictures boring and spamming could have a chance not to see pictures uploaded by me. We could have individual block-lists of the uploaders we don't want to be shown, so that each of us could see only pictures of the uploaders we prefer. On the other hand we could have individualized lists of favourite uploaders.
Date: July 12, 2006 03:35PM
Uhm, I understand that my words may sound polemic, but they a not meant to be so. Please try to take into account the fact that I am not a native english speaker and, please, just express your opinion a much peacefully as possible, thanks smiling smiley
Posted by: zxz555 [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: July 12, 2006 05:51PM
There is already a rating system here and the pictures are thumbnail size. If you don´t want to see it BIG don´t click on it. If there is a whole page of "boring" pics, click on the next page link, this will take you past the page to the next one. Clever eh?! So, Pulse seems to have thought of everything then.
Posted by: Temuchin [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: July 13, 2006 12:21AM
mkcerusky, I like a lot of your pictures, I will admit some do seem to look the same as the last as in 'the view from my house' but I did look at all of them and give them a good rating.

The problem with a site like this is there are different gorups of people. People like yourself, F_D and sometimes myself like to post our own photo's and have them up for others to enjoy and admire. I have posted to dedicated photography sites and not been close to the class they are after.

There are the group that just like to lurk and slag off people pictures and make nasty comments and never use a sign on name.

Then there are the people that like to post humour, cartoons and play around with NGH.

All in all it is a great site, with a good mix. But I do think people should have to log in to make a comment. Maybe if they had to take the time to sign up and log in we would lose a lot of the 'your mrs is ugly' that is a crap picture' anon comments

Posted by: pro_junior [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: July 13, 2006 03:03AM
I agree with what zxz555 and Temuchin said...

I think the diversity of the pics posted is what makes this such a great site...
Posted by: woberto [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: July 13, 2006 04:34AM
Diversity good.
Private agendas bad.
Get a Yahoo!360 or flickr account if you want to share photos with friends.
Example:
[www.flickr.com]
Date: July 13, 2006 08:13AM
Personally I am not doing a private agenda, sometimes I may have posted too many pictures of the same holiday, but I always post here only a few of them which I find particularly interesting for this site.
When I go somewhere me and my wyfe take hundreds of pictures, and many of them are already posted on the web on a dedicated site, and I post here only very few of them, chosing them one by one. There has been only one case in which I exagerated, it was the case of the pictures from mexico, but I did it only once.
Concerning the sunrise from my balcony, if you want to show an event which lasts a few minutes in time you have three choices:
1. make an animated gif of a sequence of images
2. make a big picture containing the whole sequence of images
3. make a set of different pictures and post one next to the other so that when people vote can see it as a slow motion movie

In this last case opted for the third choice, and in fact the 5 pictures are not all the same, starting from the first to the last the sun raises up and the light changes: is not a matter of showing several pictures of the same thing, it is a matter of reporting an event with five different pictures, the subject of the picture is the same, but the light and the positions of the actors of the pictures are different.
I took something like 20 pictures of that sunrise, and I only posted here 5 of them just to give a time passing effect among them.

In understand that some pictures may seem all the same to some persons, but they may appear to be different to some others.
We have here people posting sets of picture of the same naked woman, like for instance the CJ Gibson serie and others, when I see up to 9 pictures of the same woman in different positions, they look all the same to me, and in fact I vote them with only one star.

I perfectly agree with zxz555 but the typology of frequent chritics I get for my pictures make me think the maybe a lot of people think differently, if that is the case, then maybe they will find the courage to state it here.
Posted by: woberto [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: July 13, 2006 10:46AM
I have been visiting and posting on this site since day one.
But I never had any problems until I created an actual account and had my two cents worth. However in cyberspace, I don't let anything upset me but I do enjoy the rant and rave. I can be a real cunt.
mkcerusky, don't let anyone get to you and don't look so piss weak and insecure by starting a thread about yourself.
This site is full of haters and losers. If I met most of them in person, I would most likely kill them there and then.
Date: July 13, 2006 01:25PM
so it's okay for you to remove comments that you don't like, but it's not okay for someone else to remove a forum topic that they don't like?
Posted by: Anonymous [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: July 14, 2006 12:30AM
At least mckrusty posts original pictures you guys just know how to troll the net and post the shit no one else wants to see.

junior how can you find the nigga funny? It is one of the most racist things I have seen on public forum.

HTH
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: July 14, 2006 02:23AM
i agree that to make a comment or to post pictures you need to have a log in. this way people can remember by a name instead of trying to remember who 24335 (example) is. also people can review the previous comments that person has made and the pictures that person has posted. most anons argue that they prefer to remain anonymous. dumbaases don't realize they don't have to use their real names as logins. by having a log in you are still anon. unless of course you use your real name. as far as i can see noone has used their real name. maybe a first name, but not their real full name.... duh!

to upload or comment you should have a log in period!

anonymous people, have you realized how not many people take you serious when you spout off at the ass?
Posted by: Anonymous [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: July 14, 2006 02:26AM
ever think that that won't do anything? see there is a rating system but hardly anyone seems to use it. why should people use a new system if they don't use the old one?

Oh and FYI I do vote
Posted by: fossil_digger [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: July 14, 2006 04:18AM
I'm glad you vote because it's good for the site to show not only more views and hits. thus boosting the ratings of the site and attracting more viewers and contributers to an awesomely concieved site.being completely anon (using a # to hide behind) encourages people to post racist and downright abusive comments in general.
people think that hiding behind a # they are free to act like children.

a perfect example is when someone posts a pic of some girl, and there is a 100 comments , mostly anons., saying things like oooooo i wanna fuck the shit outta that and come all over her face. who the fuck likes reading that kinda dumbass shit?
i refuse now to click on any pics of women to avoid such childish behaviour.

i also hate intensely all the "ngh" crap. it's not funny and quite worn out. I'm totally surprised that some of our african american or black friends of any geographic relationship on the site don't lash out.
Date: July 14, 2006 06:13AM
the only NGH pic that I ever thought was funny was the one of my pic that was NGH'D...
[www.plus613.com]
Posted by: Temuchin [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: July 14, 2006 06:30AM
Thanks PJ
Date: July 14, 2006 08:23AM
I have never understood if NGH pictures are to be considered racists or not. I think the pictures themselves are not, but I don't know if the authors want to convey any particular message, as could be suggested by the fact that they use the word "Nigger". However it might even be that in the first cases someone really meant to use the word nigger in a racist way, but it could also be that after a while NGH became only a word to indicate pictures with that face.
We should as people who post such pictures if they attribute to them any message against a certain race.
There is only one of such pictures which I particularly like:
[www.plus613.net]
It is a nice one, provided that the title hasn't any racist meaning that I don't get.
Date: July 14, 2006 08:29AM
I think that anonymous people are characteristic part of this site, and should be here. I don't know if we should provide different levels of rights according to if one is anonymous or not. Usually guests (like anonymouses here) have less rights, but here we could differenciate only in terms of posting comments or images, and I don't think we should put limit this.
Perhaps one idea could be that we don't visualize the numbers associated to anonymous, so they become really anonymous and perhaps will begin to control/limit each other. But perhaps it is too much drastic.
Date: July 14, 2006 03:11PM
Posted by: shaDEz [x] - (150.145.2.---)
Date: July 21, 2006 11:51PM
lmao thanx for that link

anyways i don't know if i have proposed this yet or not, so sorry if i'm soundin' like a broken record in advance or if someone else already say it and i'm stealin' their shit...(yes you can still flame me or niggahead me for this)

,but what about a limit on how many comments or pictures an anon can post per day... that could cut down on spam dog shit and general abuse(like purposely posting pr0n here, and nonpr0n and child pr0n on the other site) that could make some of our jobs a hella lot easier

(niggaknow version)
yo we need be like put a motherfuckin' limit on dat shit yo, we could limit how much those anon cracker bitches can post and shit, yo dat shit would make us niggas' job a bunch more easier and den we could have more time to get crunk juice and fuck some hoes and shit ya heard
Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: